6 AVP, 2 VP C++ Developers
NY, New York
I came across your profile and I feel you will be a great fit for the below position
Please let me know if you are interested.
Job Title: C++ Developer
Location: New York, NY
Direct Hire position
Key accountabilities will include:
- Design and Development: Undertaking a design and development role to continue the build out of the strategic front office trading Platform, designing and implementing solutions for specific projects, as well as contributing to the overall system design and architecture.
- Stakeholder management – Working directly with front office trading, operations and other business users to collect requirements and provide regular status updates and support.
- Support – Working quickly to solve production problems with sound analytical thinking.
- Technical expertise – Introducing and adopting best practices in software development, and collaborating with the team to ensure consistent adoption of best practices.
- Quality Assurance – Designing solutions using a test-driven approach, and driving quality within the team, providing constructive feedback to your colleagues.
- Continuous Improvement - Identifying improvements to the production stack and ensure they are well represented in prioritisation forums.
- Ensure the successful timely delivery of core services to a high level of quality
- Ensure adherence to bank technical standards & SDLC
- Ensure quality and efficiency through all stages of the development lifecycle
- Ensure documentation and communication of changes
- Instil a proactive view to identification and resolution of issues
- Assisting in analysing requirements to find the most appropriate technical solutions
- Own problems and drive through solutions
- Working with the business, analysts, peers and project managers to understand and deliver requirements
- Engage with the business to identify detailed level plans and critical activities
- Maintain positive stakeholder relationships
- Maintain and build partnerships with level 1, level 2 support and other IT areas
- Ensure compliance to internal and external (regulatory) standards
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 + years of strong C++ (Boost, STL) and MS-SQL.
- 3+ years of experience working with .NET and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Powershell, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in market across the Marco Products, having a good understanding of Swaps, Curves and Pricing
- Background in Finance/Maths/Statistics or Advanced degree (MS or higher)
- Fixed Income knowledge
- Knowledge of investment banking, basic derivative pricing and risk
- Pricing/Curve marking application development experience for Macro markets is a strong plus
Harvey Nash - The Power of Talent
Office: 646 388 7026
Mobile: 917 562 4741
Fax: 212 481 1319