This position is responsible for the support and provision of data management services for enterprise-level systems including the Client Student Information System (KSIS)/Infinite Campus. The analyst will define and document requirements, analyze data and perform quality assurance testing to support internal and external data requestors. SQL experience is needed for creating and testing system extracts. The individual selected will also lead efforts in data management support for the annual School Report Card (SRC). This position is part of the School Data Services data team that works to maximize data quality and use through reporting and dashboard tools.
- Data Management Support for Infinite Campus, SRC and other systems as needed. Provide direction on functionality; data availability and responds to issues as they arise. Works with users to define and create reporting that aligns with strategic initiatives.
- Analyze data needs and document functional requirements. Coordinate with data stewards and system users to define needs.
- Create data extracts, analyze and compare files. SQL experience is desired.
- Test extract output and quality of data loaded to systems. Utilize SQL and other database functionality to compare data sets and quality of data in systems.
- Research and resolve data discrepancies and other issues. Communicate with system users on systematic issues and data integrity issues; research issues and propose solutions to resolve issues.
- Define reporting needs, establish reporting calendar. Maintain up to-date documentation. Establish processes for reporting between systems; maintain up to date documentation on SharePoint that supports processes.
- Communicate and coordinate with vendors and data providers on solutions to enhance system functionality. Liaison with vendor/partners for continuous improvement of system functionality and processes to integrate data.
Communication- Contribute to efforts to keep system
users informed through direct responses, notifications/alerts and newsletter to
promote functionality and communicate issues