API Design and Modeling Architect
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 8 Months Contract
This role is about creating the new standards in API and leading new projects to utilize the API standards and move existing APIs to the new standards. The standards do not just cover API semantics but must also cover Domain Models and Resource Models. Build a common infrastructure to serve multiple applications, Domain Analysis and Design. The candidate must have exceptional skills in domain driven designs, domain analysis, domain decomposition, and logical resource modeling. The candidate will be working on existing domains that needs to be refactored and on new domains that require new consistent, reusable, and composable resource models. The ideal candidate can see the patterns across the different domains, create the right abstractions, find the right seams between the services, and deliver a robust domain and resource models. API Standards and API Governance. The candidate must have exceptional skills in API (REST APIs) design. They will work with other architects to drive the API Standards across the organization. Work with and build the API governance structure to ensure APIs are composable, reusable, clean, and easy to consume and upgrade. API Tooling The candidate will drive the creation and the adoption of API tooling, API registry, API standards across the organization. They will influence the architecture tooling to build consumable and reusable artifacts through tooling like using PlantUML, OpenAPI Specs, … etc.
The ideal candidate should have great experience in previous projects that built solid, clean, composable APIs and worked as a key member of the architecture, engineering or the API governance teams.
The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable talking with technical leaders, architects, developer leads and to senior executives.
Must have skills:
• API Experience
• API governance and design
• Resource modeling
• System designs
• Experience with developer center
• Minimum 7 to 12 years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree
Nice to have skills:
• Java experience
• Understanding of global security and authentication
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Domain Analysis and Design
• API Standards and API Governance. The candidate must have exceptional skills in API (REST APIs) design.
• API Tooling The candidate will drive the creation and the adoption of API tooling, API registry, API standards across the organization.
• BS degree or higher or strong industry experience.
• 13+ years’ experience in applications design.
• Object Oriented Analysis/Design.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service skills and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
• Strong leadership and influential skills needed to drive agreements and consensus on new models.
• MUST have strong API design experience
• MUST have strong Domain Driven Design, Resource Model, Object Model and overall design experience
• Great to have Governance, API tooling experience
• Great to have API Gateway design or usage experience.
• Great to have Developer Center Experience