DIRECT-HIRE FTE APPLICATION ANALYST POSITION
***NOTE: Must be a U.S. Citizen to Qualify***
The Application Analyst is responsible for administering, monitoring and maintaining mission-critical software infrastructures and applications. They are responsible to ensure that the business processes and associated systems needed for assigned business functions run smoothly. They act as the technical point of contact to fix application and systems issues, usually on an immediate basis. They gather and evaluate requirements. They evaluate those requirements and present alternatives and recommendations. They develop plans to actualize approved requirements. They must be able to implement changes with a minimal amount of technical oversight.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Design and manage processes to upgrade and maintain assigned systems. Work with vendors to resolve issues that cannot be readily addressed using in-house resources.
- Develop and maintain a high-level portfolio that summarizes the state of the systems they manage. Develop and maintain system roadmaps that outline the scheduled system maintenance events. Conduct system performance analysis on a regular basis. Perform software updates and upgrades according to the roadmap.
- Analyze target applications for deployment. Analyze the distribution requirements for applications, and coordinate the activities required to field the software according to the timelines. Review, validate, and create test scripts; establish test plans; and perform tests to ensure successful deployment of application changes and upgrades.
- Work directly with end users to identify and map systems capabilities to business needs. Assume a liaison role between vendors and end users, translating technical specifications for end users and business requirements for vendors. Monitor, log and record all incidents using the appropriate ticketing system.
- Define and implement standards for drawings and written materials to document design, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures. Create drawings and written material for applications.
- Reduce system and application cost and complexity by identifying and eliminating redundant systems and optimizing, replacing or eliminating unnecessary applications or processes. Draft technical specifications and diagrams that document existing systems or outlines the build of prospective systems.
- Assume technical leadership for selecting, designing, and configuring new services or applications for the firm.
Specific Skills Required:
- Perform and confirm the success of application and system changes, such as upgrades, repairs, software updates, or modifications.
- Advanced ability to implement, configure, and maintain SharePoint 2016 Sites, including Master Page, page layouts and web parts.
- Ability to install and configure Microsoft Internet Information Server and subsequently deploy web sites. Solid understanding of core web server concepts such as application pools, web sites, virtual applications, bindings, load balancing, and authentication.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking in a Microsoft Windows environment including client/server and web technologies. Knowledge level must be appropriate for both Tier 3 troubleshooting and administration of applications.
- Ability to read, understand, apply, and generate technical documentation. Ability to produce a summary of the appropriate factors that need to be considered when assessing the viability of new applications or a change to an existing application within the company environment.
- Ability to independently create and maintain T-SQL scripts.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with users and peers and work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing multiple tasks and addressing problems under time and resource constraints.
- Self-starter, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to quality.
Specific Skills Preferred:
- Experience using Handshake software to build and configure SharePoint web parts.
- Ability to deploy, monitor and administer applications to the cloud in IAAS, PAAS and SAAS models.
- Experience with IT task and report automation using tools such as PowerShell or Intapp Integration Builder.
Education & Experience
- Requires a minimum of 7+ years of related Applications Support or Analysis experience.
- Primary responsibility for one or more enterprise applications.
- A Bachelor's Degree in engineering or computer science is beneficial. Formal training and education in computer systems and databases is highly desirable.
- 4+ years working at an AmLaw 200 firm or professional services partnership highly desirable