NY, New York, NY
JOB TITLE: Application Developer
LOCATION: New York City, NY
The Application Developer reports to the Manager of Application Development and is responsible for implementing technology solutions that are aligned with the long-term IT strategy of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage projects of medium to high complexity using standard business analysis and project management methodologies.
- Architect and implement integrations between core systems.
- Develop custom applications as needed by the business.
- Customize and enhance third party platforms and applications.
- Effectively communicate with IT developers and external vendors.
- Perform installations/upgrades, provide support and troubleshoot system issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Development experience with Microsoft .NET (2.0-4.7, .Net Core is a plus) and Object-Oriented Programming, including (not limited to) C#, ASP.NET WebForms & MVC, and SOAP / REST Web Services.
- Experience in relational database design and development, preferably SQL Server.
- Experience with Visual Studio .NET (2013 and above).
- Experience with team collaboration tools/source control applications, preferably Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with Responsive Web Design.
- Experience with Telerik or Infragistics controls.
- Experience with Object Relational Mappers, preferably Entity Framework 6 and above.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design patterns, including (not limited to) Gang of Four and SOLID design.
- Familiar with the management and operation of Microsoft Internet Information Server (6.0 and higher).
- Display a high degree of inquisitiveness and an eagerness to learn at a detailed and abstract level.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong business sense to capture and fulfill the business requirements for all products and articulate in an architecture model.
- Experience with UX Design.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience with SharePoint 2010/2013 APIs, Workflow, and SharePoint Designer is a plus.
- Experience with building native mobile apps is a plus.
- Nice to have: knowledge of standard legal software applications including but not limited to iManage products, CRM, Microsoft Office suite of products, and SharePoint.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Services or business related field.
- Minimum 3-5 year’s experience working in an information services department or organization.
- Minimum 3-5 year’s experience with .NET development.
- Minimum 3-5 year’s experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2016.