NY, Mt Kisco
Title: Assistant Controller
Type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Mt. Kisco, NY
Must Have: 5 years of experience in book-keeping, accounting, excel, AR, AP, GL, financial statements, cash flow, budgeting etc.
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
Our Client is a boutique firm that handles Condominiums and Cooperative buildings in Manhattan and HOAs in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. Their HQ and financial team are located in Northern Westchester, where you will be based.
Reporting to the Controller/CFO of the company, along with the founders of the company, this position starts as in an assistant capacity, helping the team with their duties. The right fit will have a tremendous opportunity for advancement, but this is an assistant position to start: We need to find the right candidate to learn and understand the business, company, clients, computer systems, and responsibilities and show their worth. Qualified candidate will assist and then assume the following responsibilities:
· Maintain books, records, AP, AR, GJ and our proprietary management system
· Prepare monthly financial statements and bank reconciliations
· Handle all activities with multiple bank account; check account balance
· Cash flow and projections
· Coordinate and communicate with various people/groups: Auditors, attorneys, accountants, clients, bankers, brokers, vendors, boards, etc.
· Process full cycle accounts payable
· Assist with month and quarter end close and more.
· 4-5 years of experience in accounting role
· Good with numbers and understanding economic systems, economic environment and capable of extrapolating data
· High proficiency in MS Excel and Quickbooks.
· Strong foundation in accounting fundamentals
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
· Dependable, motivated, detail oriented, trustworthy and team player
The working environment is collegial and entrepreneurial, and as such, rewards employees with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals. We promote an excellent work/life balance and benefits.