Avionics Engineering Tech Designer
Contract Avionics Engineering Tech Designer
Job Location: Kent
Job ID: 3102
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will design, develop, and install electro-mechanical assemblies and electrical harnesses for launch vehicles, rocket engines and crew capsules. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of of design, fabrication, installation and test. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
• Design of electrical harnesses for power distribution, RF, communication and high speed data signal
• Selection of harness components and hardware, connectors, backshells, cable and wire
• Understanding and application of EMI/RFI and harness shielding
• Create 3D routed harness data files utilizing Creo (Pro/Engineer) Cabling and Routed System Designer (RSD)
• Create harness detail and installation drawings including 2D flat harness drawings from the 3D harness data sets
• Design and integration of harness support brackets
• Support design configuration development and trade studies
• Develop harness routing requirements, interfaces, specifications and process controls
• Provide technical guidance for hardware installation
• Active involvement in the assembly and testing of cables and harnesses
• Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
• Identify opportunities for improvements and operational cost and schedule savings
• Experience with Creo / ProCabling; equivalent other software will be considered if all other required qualifications are met
• Understanding and application of wire derating analysis
• Familiar with existing applicable harness standards
• IPC/WHMA-A-620A, NASA-STD-8739.4
• Strong electrical/mechanical design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software
• Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical or an appropriate engineering field
• Prefer experience with Creo / Windchill 10 and Routed System Designer (RSD)
• Experience with Pro/E Piping.
• Experience with other high end CAD routing software such as Unigraphics NX Electrical and Mechanical Routing
• Knowledge of harness fabrication and installation processes.
• Experience with launch vehicle or spacecraft mechanical systems.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.