B2B Group Product Marketing Manager, Merchandising-Onsite
Job Title: B2B Group Product Marketing Manager, Merchandising-Onsite
Location: New York, NY 10153
Duration: 12+ Months
The B2B Group Product Marketing Manager (GPMM), Merchandising has a deep understanding of the features & functionality related to editorial and promotions features on the enterprise software platform and is an expert on merchandising trends & insights across the broader retail ecosystem.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Group Product Marketing Manager (GPMM), Merchandising is a B2B role will work very closely with the PMM for Editorial, and PMM for Promotions, to identify end-to-end campaign opportunities in the areas of editorial and promotions experiences and manage activation across our global beauty brand websites. This person is equal parts creative and analytical and uses data to inform new ideas and decision making.
- Unveil new opportunities for our brands to use the various editorial and promotions features on our software platform, via ideating no-engineering merchandising campaigns and modeling revenue growth opportunities as a result.
- Author high-fidelity, data-backed playbooks and how-to-guides to drive adoption of high-ROI merchandising campaigns and business models.
- Develop a backlog of initiatives and campaigns for merchandising promotions, each associated with specific and measurable Key Result metrics.
- Be directly responsible for adoption of campaigns which involves project management of key initiatives and working 1:1 with PMMs and other cross-functional execution teams.
- Develop go-to-market strategies, white papers, competitive analyses, and OKRs related to new product releases and the benefits that they offer to our brands.
- Learn our brands inside and out in order to channel their needs for new and existing platform products; feed these insights back into the product management portfolios and leverage your knowledge to create tailored go-to-market strategies.
- Be an expert on how the features and capabilities are intertwined across the platform. This means that your technical knowledge of how the software works, how a complex platform works, must be sound.
- Gather insights from key stakeholders including brands, affiliates, data science, product management, and customer service. Leverage these insights to come up with ways to drive meaningful adoption of the platform.
- Be able to steer meetings, brainstorm sessions, and requirement gathering conversations with a laser-focused mindset on producing results. Our global brands each have different needs and big ideas; and you must be able to sift through the thousands of requirements and ideas to identify what can really move the needle in a timely fashion.
- Work collaboratively across key teams within the organization.
- Excellent soft skills and ability to create relationships with brands and key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Must have an affinity for documentation, high-fidelity deck presentations, and writing. You will be responsible for translating technical capability into compelling business benefits and presenting to executive leadership.
- A go-getter. Must be action oriented and proactive - identify gaps and suggest solutions on your own accord vs. waiting for someone to outline tasks for you.
- Excellent presentation skills (must be strong in putting together PowerPoint presentations and other marketing material, as well as delivering presentations in person/on zoom to large audiences and senior stakeholders)
- Vocal, assertive, confident, proactive, quick, organized, self-starter, process oriented, problem solver, analytical thinking
- A very strong understanding of how features & functionalities work on a software platform, and the ability to translate these technical functions into non-technical business benefits for global beauty brands
- A strong understanding of things like software analytics and data analysis, and how to work with such product teams to gather data-driven insights
- A strong understanding of how to set OKRs/KPIs and track towards achieving specific metrics.
- Comfortable operating in a highly complex matrix environment
- Ability to form a general understanding of how the full ELC Online system fits together and use this knowledge to communicate with brand stakeholders
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in Product Management or Product Marketing
- Client-facing experience, preferable agency / client solutions / account manager / client success manager a plus
- Experience overseeing complex, multi-workstream products and solutions
- Must have experience working on a team related to highly functional web development projects.
- Experience in eCommerce merchandising, UX, SEO, marketing, software development, large global brands
- Strong knowledge of human centered design principles
- Experience with analytics tools and data-driven decision-making
- Successful track record with agile methodologies and iterative development processes
- Superior problem-solving with strong strategic, white-spacing thinking