Backend Engineer, Payments Product API
Job Title: Backend Engineer, Payments Product API
Location: New York, NY (100% Remote)
Duration: 06+ Months
- You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
- You’ll work alongside highly experienced and talented designers & developers to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
- You’ll work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines. You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
- You’ll work remotely with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
- Lead core Payment backend Microservices build that will be used across our platform
- Build highly scalable APIs to support fantastic user experiences with the highest code quality & best-in-class performance
- Work closely with product managers to define cutting-edge technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Collaborate with architects, engineers & DevOps to implement workflows, automated testing, and anything else it takes to get quality code to production.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Troubleshoot & problem solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
- Code review & mentor junior engineers
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 10+ years in ecommerce web platform development, with at least 5 years working with payment provider interfaces.
- You have 5+ years’ experience with Java, plus experience with NodeJS, GIT, Jenkins, AWS, and RESTful APIs.
- You have strong experience interfacing with third-party vendor APIs, ideally payment gateway APIs
- You have strong database experience supporting complex applications
- You understand PCI compliance and OWASP security principles
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code, with a desire to sweat the small stuff
- You understand architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
- You have the pro-active ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You are comfortable working in an Agile Scrum team and using Jira
- You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- You are independent, dedicated, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance.
- Experience with design patterns, multithreading, and unit testing
- Exposure to common development tools (Gradle, Maven, Spring, JUnit, Git, Bitbucket, etc. )
- Experience developing in Unit Testing and its various methodologies (BDD, TDD, etc. )
- Experience with 3rd party tools and services: provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker), Messaging frameworks (SQS, MQ, etc. ) and AWS tools (EC2, S3, etc. )
- Expertise with REST and API patterns, Authentication patterns (JWT, OAuth2), API contracts (Swagger/OpenAPIv3, SOAP, etc. )
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale
- Familiarity with Database technologies including Oracle and NoSQL (Mongo, Dynamo, etc. )
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with all levels of staff and leadership