Big Data Engineer
CA, San Francisco
Summary of the position:
One of our many customer(s) today is urgently looking for an experienced .NET Developer who has experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform with services including API Gateway, Lambda, EC2, ECS, SQS, SNS with REST API.
Here are some of the specific details:
Title: Data Engineer
Duration: 12+ months | C2H
Location: San Francisco, CA
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or other relevant fields
• 7+ years software development experience related to data engineering
• Hands on experience in Java, Python or Scala with ability to understand/write complex SQL queries
• Proficient in S3, Glue, Athena, Lambda, RedShift, EC2, EMR, Spark, DynamoDB with either Java, Python, Scala or PySpark
• Experience deploying software solutions to the cloud platform through CI/CD in a DevOps model
• General understanding of the application and data security concepts with exposure to AWS IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, AWS Config, Secrets Manager, KMS
• Hands on experience on Hadoop related technologies such as HDFS, Oozie, Impala, Hive
• Nice to have experience in Ansible/Terraform/Cloud Formation scripts to develop or support Infrastructure as Code
• Nice to have experience with RDBMS and data warehouses but not required
• Nice to have experience with Machine Learning
technologies and data visualization tools
Harvey Nash is a national, full-service talent management firm specializing in technology positions. Our company was founded with a mission to serve as the talent partner of choice for the information technology industry.
Our company vision has led us to incredible growth and success in a relatively short period of time and continues to guide us today. We are committed to operating with the highest possible standards of honesty, integrity, and a passionate commitment to our clients, consultants, and employees.
Utilizing our proprietary Predictive Staffing model, our company has enjoyed more than a decade of rapid growth, earning our reputation as a client-focused, efficient provider across a broad range of industries. Today, we serve top Fortune 1000 and successful privately held companies all over the country, still operating under the simple idea that great people aligned under a common vision can achieve tremendous results.
We are part of Harvey Nash Group, a global professional services organization with over forty offices worldwide.
For more information, please visit us at https://www.harveynashusa.com/
Thanks & regards,