Billing Specialist/Accountant I
I am a recruiter with Harvey Nash ,reaching out to you to find out if you are open to hearing about a career opportunity that could provide more impact to you, both personally and professionally. If interested, Please send me your availability for a phone conversation and share your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
I've included the job details below for you to look at and I’ll be glad to provide you with more information once we connect.
Job Title: Billing Specialist/Accountant I
Location: Jersey City NJ 07310 – Hybrid (1 day onsite)
Duration: Contract 6 months
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Must Have: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting ,MS Outlook, MS Word and Excel (including pivot tables / v-lookup’s)
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of general revenue recognition guidance preferred
- 1 year of relevant accounting experience?
- Must be excellent in MS Outlook, MS Word and Excel (including pivot tables / v-lookup’s)
- PeopleSoft experience preferred but not required
- Excellent customer service skills, including explanation of complex billing rules
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Excellent client service, ability to work with various teams utilizing diplomacy skills
- Adaptable to work in a fast-paced environment
- Gather financial data and ledgers
- Consolidate and analyze financial statements and results
- Prepare budgets and monitor expenditures
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Manage periodical reporting
- Review general ledger accounts and prepare and adjust journal entries
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and if applicable inter-company general ledger accounts.
- Post monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
Professional Certification (e.g. CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) credential.
A reasonable, good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum for this position is $30/hr. on W2