Please find the summary of the position below:
One of our many customer(s) today is urgently looking for an experienced Data Engineer
Here are some of the specific details:
Data Engineer - 06+ Months - San Francisco, CA(Remote Opportunity)
• Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform R4.2.x: 5+ years’ experience hands-on experience developing BOBJ universes and Web Intelligence reports; familiarity with CMC and administrator-related activities, including folder/group/user maintenance, BIAR migrations, access controls, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of Business Objects security principles and implementations, including coarse and fine grained security capabilities and implementations
• Hands-on experience with SQL coding and troubleshooting errors in a BI environment
• Strong technical skills in database environments running on Windows and in-depth knowledge of star schema/dimensional modeling and data warehouse methodology
• Communication: excellent oral and written communication skills; Strong partnership, collaboration, and facilitation skills, and demonstrated experience in effectively working with peers, virtual team members, business line management, staff and end users
• Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail skills in the area of BI processes/procedures including proficiency in requirements gathering and data analysis
• Ability to produce clear and accurate documentation
• Proven capability to quickly grasp new processes and technologies
• Proven performance in a highly interdependent team environment
• Must be a self-starter; ability to work proactively and independently within a team context.
• Contract workers will require to comply with the Client Confidential Supervisory Information CSI access requirements
• Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology a plus
• Nice to Have: Tableau: hands-on experience of dashboard design using Tableau; demonstrable understanding of visualization best practices and guidelines Data Modeling: experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining data warehouse database structures a plus ETL: exposure to ETL mappings and workflows; Informatica and SSIS skills a plus
emphasis on production support--heavy day to day
Primary responsibility will be to develop dashboards and reports in SAP Business Objects.
Candidate must have excellent visualization skills and be able to convey customer data in an intuitive and visually compelling way.
Candidate should be intimately familiar with best practices around data visualization.
Must have an extensive knowledge of data warehouse and data mart concepts, including star and snow flake schemas.
Tableau may be used in the future so an Tableau experience a plus. ETL and SQL skills are also a plus, as this candidate will work closely with ETL and DB developers.
Harvey Nash is a national, full-service talent management firm specializing in technology positions. Our company was founded with a mission to serve as the talent partner of choice for the information technology industry.
Our company vision has led us to incredible growth and success in a relatively short period of time and continues to guide us today. We are committed to operating with the highest possible standards of honesty, integrity, and a passionate commitment to our clients, consultants, and employees.
Utilizing our proprietary Predictive Staffing model, our company has enjoyed more than a decade of rapid growth, earning our reputation as a client-focused, efficient provider across a broad range of industries. Today, we serve top Fortune 1000 and successful privately held companies all over the country, still operating under the simple idea that great people aligned under a common vision can achieve tremendous results.
We are part of Harvey Nash Group, a global professional services organization with over forty offices worldwide.
For more information, please visit us at https://www.harveynashusa.com/