Key areas of responsibility include: direct-to-consumer strategy implementation, cross-functional promotional and product development, on-site merchandising and digital experience optimization, identifying and driving operational efficiencies, and building a best-in-class shopping experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage: The Category Manager/business owner will own the business end to end (From forecasting, P&L management, promo roadmap planning, site execution and the whole 9 yards) and will manage a $300M+ business of Flagship products. The DtC business for Mobile Electronics products on Samsung.com by implementing aspects category development including top line growth, promotional and marketing plans, internal / external / HQ partnerships, supply chain and distribution, and long term growth strategy. Ownership of Certified Renewed business categories. Manage aged inventory, NPI Playbook + tracking + execution across S.com
- Build: create a best-in-class shopping experience for your business by partnering with internal stakeholders across Merchandising, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Analytics, and Customer Service; always optimizing and focusing and removing purchase barriers and creating a customer-centric, shopping experience.
- Optimize: Promotions Subject Matter Expert (optimize promotion design to drive topline + bottom line). Develop data-drive perspectives on the end-to-end operations of the business, from upper-funnel marketing and merchandising, to on-site path-to-purchase and experience, through conversion, fulfillment and customer service; identify areas of opportunity and work cross-functionally to drive operational efficiencies.
- Innovate: think outside-the-box, leverage data, and build insights to create business cases to build scalable products and promotions to drive the growth of your business; develop functional capabilities to test, learn, and iterate to accelerate category growth.
- Passionate business contributor who can see the big picture and be a world-class operator. You can flawlessly execute and have a relentless focus on driving in-year results.
- Data-driven, customer-centric, story-teller who is passionate about leveraging insights to make recommendations and drive change. You always think about the customer first and are persistent in the pursuit of improving her/his experience.
- Digitally savvy and passionate about the intersection of technology and consumer products. You have a relentless focus on optimization and improvement, and always approach business challenges thinking- is there a better way?
- Collaborative, team builder with high organizational EQ who can work cross-functionally and can quickly develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in Product/Trade/Category Marketing experience for Technology, Consumer Product and/or Consumer Electronics is required. Recent Graduate from Top 50 MBA program preferred.
- Extensive experience implementing category strategy, preferably in eCommerce.
- Knowledge and passion for direct-to-consumer eCommerce business practices and operations. Digital UI/UX enhancements experience a plus.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams and navigate matrixed organizations.
- Strong analytical, data-driven problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines. In addition, must be able to manage multiple projects and often competing priorities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with Tableau and Confluence required.
College degree required; MBA a plus