Position- Business Analyst
Location- Remote/ New Haven, CT
Duration- Full Time
- Evaluate business processes anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and eliciting requirements for change.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to develop business requirements and assist in identifying business priorities and recommended timelines.
- Performs data mapping and data analysis. Creates data mapping and data visualization documents.
- Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving
- these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate these back to the business stakeholders.
- Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff.
- Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Architects and Developers to estimate project impact.
- Prepare effort estimation including researching and estimating costs of upgrades and relevance of vendor packages.
- Evaluate release notes for vendor products. Determine impact to current business processes and assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for enhancements and revised processes.
- Perform requirements analysis. Document and Communicate the results of the analysis.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers, project team and business owner(s).
- Participate in technical design of solutions with programmers, solution architects, and other team members.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Select, adopt and adapt appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, conducting of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff. Provides technical guidance to other team members.
- Triage and analyze incidents and problems. Provide clear analysis results including business impact.
- Assist business analyst(s) and test analyst(s) with duties as necessary.
- On-Call and/or after-hours work required.
- Experience working with IT development staff on complex projects.
- Strong technical background.
- Strong Data analysis and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to support deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Exceptional analytical and statistical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products as required.
- Experience in in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid environments.
- Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud applications, web services, server-side components and APIs.
- Data analysis skills including ability to perform intermediate to advanced SQL queries.
- Experience in scripting.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced skill in Excel including formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, and macros.
- Understanding of REST & SOAP Web Service and how to use SoapUI, REST API clients.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus
- BS or BA with emphasis in computer science, information systems or business administration.
- 5-7 or more years related work experience.