Business Analyst (Credit/Fixed Income)
Job Title: Business Analyst (Credit/Fixed Income)
Location: Newark, NJ 07012
- Our Technology Solutions Group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership.
- We are looking for a highly analytical, data driven, technical savvy Business Systems Analyst like you that can partner with our Credit Research, ESG and Investment teams to capture & analyze requirements.
- We are building our new products and technical capabilities for our research teams.
- We want you to see this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity, so if this sounds interesting, then could be the place for you.
- Be the key Business Systems Analyst for the ESG and Credit Research teams – specifically focused on research, data models, analysis, analytics, and reporting.
- Utilize knowledge of business analysis concepts and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies to support business initiatives and system enhancements within our Credit value stream function.
- Perform business process reviews and workflow changes by working with business users, vendors, and IT when applicable.
- Manage clear expectations by establishing clear timelines, milestones, and providing transparency on risks, dependencies, and issues through status reporting
- Create process flows and conduct gap analysis for current state vs future state
- Analyze data to help support business requirement gathering and data quality efforts
- Document business requirements and functional and technical specifications
- Analyze business processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that impact the business to continue to improve efficiencies
- Responsible for understanding technology impact on the business processes
- Assist with internal/external communication, improving transparency and disseminating information
Your Required Skills:
- 10+ years of Business Analysis at a buy-side Fixed Income firm supporting front office end-users (Credit Research, Portfolio Managers, Investment Risk, & Quantitative Strategies)
- Experience in various Fixed Income instruments is required (e.g. U.S. Treasuries, Investment Grade, High Yield, EMD, Mortgages, Sovereign Debt / Government Bonds, Corporate Bonds, OTCD, and Repos)
- Experience in Fixed Income credit research practices and ESG are a plus
- Working knowledge of data governance and ability to ensure high data quality is maintained throughout the data lifecycle of a project
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to structure SQL queries, understand stored procedures, have experience with Business Intelligence Reporting tools and understand relational database models.
- Innate ability to assess current process and suggest change-driven solutions to enhance business outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to conduct root cause analysis on system, process or production problems and ability to provide viable solutions
- Ability to optimize end-user proficiency with new systems, programs, and applications across departments
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and work effectively under pressure; exceptional organizational and administrative skills; at ease with abundance of details, yet mindful of big picture at all time
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools (Jira, Confluence)
Your Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.
- CFA Certification