Business Analyst - Dynamics 365 ERP
Business Analyst Role
Contract: 6 months w/opportunity for extension/conversion
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Develop strong relationships with business partners, technical teams and key vendors.
- Analyze business partners operations to understand strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to improve and/or automate processes and functions.
- Understand business partner strategic goals, business value streams, and lead the definition of high -level business EPICs, features and requirements.
- Lead value stream gap analysis and feasibility studies to assess cost, benefit, efficiency and opportunities to leverage Lean techniques to improve business and technical operations.
- Assist business partners and IT partners to analyze business processes, functions and procedures and identify potential projects that will lead to improved business results, save costs, and achieve strategic goals.
- Lead business cases and elicit requirements using various elicitation techniques that will achieve business improvements.
- Aid in the definition of project scope, objectives, requirements, dependencies, and technical feasibility. Involve all relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment with business goals and vendor managed solutions to ensure delivery of business value.
- Play a lead role in defining detailed requirements in the form of business requirement documents, breakdown EPICs into features and features into user stories and acceptance criteria. Document any process and procedure changes that support project and business goals.
- Assist in the development of statements of work and vendor contracts. Gain buy in and approval from subject matter experts, and stakeholders. Ensure statement of work and vendor contracts meet project needs and are approved and executed in a timely manner.
- Ensure team members and stakeholders understand project objectives and set appropriate expectations for delivery.
- Organize project team members and interested stakeholders to ensure effective communication and understanding of project scope, project deadlines, project integrations, activity assignment and ensure deliverables are met.
- Participate in project planning sessions with Project Managers and Scrum Masters, business stakeholders, project teams to analyze business requirements and help plan and articulate the solution.
- Partner with business staff, teamwork leaders, vendors, and the IT team to validate and ensure appropriate project scope, project schedules, resource plans, communication plans, risk and issue management, decision and escalation management, status reporting.
- 8 to 10 years of business analysis experience as a business analyst, including eliciting, analyzing, and documenting business, system, and/or non-functional/technical requirements to include scope analysis, process modeling, and data modeling. Sprint planning and developing and managing business and technical documentation for software development in the form of business requirements documents, user stories, acceptance criteria, test cases, user acceptance testing, retrospectives, functional and/or non-functional specifications.
- Minimum of five (5) years working with third-party vendors
- Demonstrated experience with waterfall, Agile methodologies
- Must be able to assist in project planning, scope definition and SCRUM planning
- Strong leadership skills, communications skills, negotiation skills, organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Must be calm under pressure and have a partnership mindset
- Excellent ability to interface with executives, functional managers, key vendors, customers and employees
- Must be able to recognize and properly handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate way
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology, engineering or related field preferred, or five (5) years of equivalent work experience in a related field. Master’s degree nice to have
- CBAP, Agile (CSM, CSPO), Business process mapping (BPM), Kanban certifications highly preferred
- Agile certifications (CSM, CSPO) highly preferred
- Knowledge of cloud (Microsoft Azure, Office 365) environment is a plus
- Experience working with third party vendors is essential
- ERP experience is essential, Data Warehouse experience is a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with a wiliness to get into detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines
- Excellent written, oral communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful and creative
- Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen stakeholder relationships