Business Data Analyst
Position- Business Professional - Business Analyst 2
Rate: Only W2, No C2C
Locations – Plano, TX
Duration- 6 months contract
- Collaborates with senior HR management, business partners and customers to develop fact-based talent insights that inform leaders and confirm human resource decision-making using reports
- Analyzes HR data, designing and deploying dashboards, and identifying key trends based on that data
- Develops advanced and interactive dashboard for Clients with easy to understand visuals.
- Develops key HR metric reports and implementing in a timely manner
- Ensures high quality data is presented in a logical and understandable format for the user
- Develops executive report summaries for senior leadership
- Provides strategic analysis to senior level management, translating analysis into informed decisions
- Supports multiple subsidiaries across North America with diverse organizational needs, to include Production, R&D and Sales & Marketing
- Provides analytics that meet the needs of these varying business lines
- Offers creative solutions to automate recurring deliverables and alleviate work from the subsidiaries via automation
- Assists in the design, development, testing and implementation of new or modified systems to meet changing requirements, particularly in how that system’s data can be leveraged for analytics purposes
- Generates comprehensive data reports and analytical solutions in support of internal stakeholders
- Offers creative solutions to problems encountered by other SSC teams
- Provides quantitative and qualitative data administration and analysis; this includes data mapping, correction, cleansing, importing, and exporting.
- Collaborates with in-house technical teams and assist with functional requirements gathering, development, testing, implementation and support of various HR-related projects/processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, human resources, or related fields with 5+ years of directly related experience
- Proven experience in leveraging Data Science skills and BI software such as Tableau.
- Statistical experience in HR data is preferred.
- Understanding of HR business practices and HCM tools, including Workday and its reporting capabilities
- Strong HR data analytical skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
- Prior knowledge of Business Intelligence software, including Tableau, R, and Alteryx
- Team player, Self-starter, contributing to team projects and goals with ability to plan project timelines and meet established deadlines
- Advanced VBA skills needed to build robust functionality within MS Excel reports used throughout the HR and business teams.
- Ability to build SQL queries and work with data in a SQL Server database.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including stakeholder leadership, VPs, directors & managers, staff, and vendors with opposing views to accept/approve plans, regulatory needs, or project recommendations
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple and simultaneous Human Resources related projects and programs in a changing corporate environment
- The ability to write, read, interpret, and act on proper understanding of technical documents, contracts, or related documents
- Ability to make professional presentations and to communicate in writing, through e-mails and reports, or orally, complex technical matters to audiences with varying degrees of technical skills
- Detailed oriented person willing to take on a challenge
- May recommend new equipment or software to support more complex human resources objectives.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analysis skills for researching, analyzing, developing, and leading in the implementation of Human Resources related programs and recommendations
- Statistical analysis capabilities preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing proactively with all levels of internal and external personnel including, employees, senior leadership, fellow team members and vendor or agency personnel.
Top three must have skills
- Data Visualization (e.g., Tableau)
- Reporting / HCM (e.g., Workday)
- Data analysis