Business Intelligence Architect
We're looking for a versatile BI Data Architect who can design and implement modern architecture for a diverse set of customers and industries. The ideal candidate would have deep experience in designing enterprise data warehousing solutions utilizing, SQL Server, Azure SQL DW and Big Data platforms (i.e. Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory) .This position will be responsible for leading customer conversations, creating and presenting project architecture, and leading delivery.
· Interfacing directly with clients to solve broad business goals with data based solutions.
· You will be responsible for gathering requirements, designing solutions, and overseeing the development and execution of projects.
· This role will be directly involved in the business development process; specifically delivering customer demos to show the value of how data can drive business goals.
· Be able to build pilot solutions and proof-of-concepts with minimal direction.
· Provide support to project manager through developing tasks, estimates, and dependencies to meet expectations
Required Technical Skills:
· Ability to appropriately architect complex data solutions utilizing SQL Server architecture. This includes storage, replication, server tuning, upgrading, backup/restore, security, etc.
· Ability to write complex SQL queries
· TSQL knowledge, DML/DDL, triggers, CTE's, query tuning, etc.
· Strong knowledge of SSIS: script tasks, check points, record set objects, package vs. project deployment.
· Practical knowledge in how to design complex SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
· Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Service and Power BI.
Knowledge of Azure SQL, and other Azure offerings centered around Data and Analytics (Azure Machine Learning, Data Lake, Data Factory, Streaming Analytics, Table Storage, Hadoop, etc.)
BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered
· Strong understanding of massive parallel processing utilizing Azure SQL Data Warehousing for both structured and unstructured data sources.
· Experience writing U-SQL and Azure Data Lake Analytics
· Experience with HDInsight, Spark and Hadoop