Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Title: Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Must Have: Solid understanding/experience with Tableau; knowledge of ETL tools such as Talend a plus
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
The Business Intelligence Data Analyst will work with cross-functional teams, leadership and external collaborators and vendors, to identify requirements and produce visualizations. Primary responsibilities include ensuring quality data structures for the analysis of data, use of proper statistical analyses, and implementing visualization best practices in created content through Tableau. Additional requirements will include the design, implementation and support of back-end data processing and ETL functions.
The position will participate in a wide variety of business intelligence efforts, including the development and support of internal applications. Candidate will be working with a variety of data sources to develop, and implement data and business intelligence applications to enable stakeholders to make data-driven business and mission critical decisions.
This candidate must also be able to guide and educate the business user with the goal of making sure the best solution is created. Must be willing to work in a highly collaborative approach, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments. The candidate must have strong technical background and be current on modern BI and reporting technologies. Also responsible for supporting team and end-users as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting, recommendation solutions and identifying opportunities to solve business problems through BI.
· Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements and data output and reporting capabilities
· Coordinates new data development, ensuring consistency and integration with the existing data warehouse structure
· Reviews business requests for data and data usage and researches data sources for new and better data feeds
· Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality
· Performs proactive maintenance, including ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity and documenting problems, changes and solutions
· Coordinates the QA and UAT of designed applications
· Assignments may include the design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout and installing, upgrading and managing BI applications
· Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts and may have supervisory responsibilities
· Stays current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned and participates in special projects as required
· Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
· Must possess 5-7 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience
· Must possess at least 2-4 years of Business Intelligence, analytics, statistics and/or reporting experience
· Deep experience with data visualizations and tools, preferably Tableau experience
· Business Intelligence and Reporting experience
· Strong analytical skills and comfortable working with large data sets
· Ability to transform data into actionable insights
· Tableau Community contribution and Server Administration experience a plus
· Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and Agile development lifecycle desired
· At least 3 years of experience in Tableau preferred
· Strong knowledge of best practices for dashboards and visualizations is required
· Knowledge of ETL tools is a plus
· Experience with the restaurant industry is a plus
· Strong SQL development skills desired, writing complex queries and stored procedures with SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL