Business Systems Analyst I(EHS)
Important: Client has mandated COVID-19 vaccination for their workforce, effective October 1st, 2021. All external personnel providing services to Client are required to comply with this requirement.
Main Purpose of the Position:
This position is part of Client’s Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) function. EHS plays an essential role in protecting Client’s right to operate and serving as a steward for the Client culture embracing prevention and problem solving to reduce risks and protect our people, environment and pipeline on our SSF campus and network of places. At Client, compliance is a shared responsibility with the business. The Junior Business Systems Analyst will support the delivery and maintenance of technology, data, and analytics solutions for the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) group in Site Services. This position reports directly to the Director of EHS Strategy and Business Operations (SBO).
● Partners with internal stakeholders and colleagues within EHS, the business, and IT (up to Director level) to understand, define and deliver scalable technology, data, and analytics services and solutions to continuously improve the business. Aggressively achieves EHS business objectives by driving successful technology solutions. Contributes to shaping EHS culture via technology and data use within EHS and client groups.
● Brings awareness of new approaches to technology and products, including opportunities to leverage data analytics and artificial intelligence to improve EHS
business performance and integrating into EHS technology roadmap as applicable.
● Supports implementation of the EHS technology roadmap and maintenance of existing infrastructure. Ensures technology properly reports EHS status, metrics, and insights.
● Manages project delivery of technologies and supporting solutions to ensure compliance and a simplified end user experience. Tracks progress, identifies dependencies/constraints, evaluates risks and resolves issues. Communicates progress and challenges proactively with EHS Leadership Team and business stakeholders (typically up to the Director level).
● Coaches and mentors others in utilization of technology and data.
Competencies Identified for Success:
● Outstanding analytical and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to manage/track
multiple projects of varying complexity and scope simultaneously. Possesses the
curiosity and interest in re-evaluating existing designs and exercising independent
judgment and decision making in solving issues and driving toward solutions.
● Listens deeply to key stakeholders, considers their needs along with the needs of the
business to make well-informed decisions. Possess a passion for digital innovation and
commitment to a superb client experience.
● Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to effectively develop clear and
concise messages from complex data, present to EHS LT and staff, and quickly gain
trust. Can translate data into actionable insights and communicate in a way that
resonates—inspiring people to care.
● Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills. Proven ability to facilitate and lead effective
cross functional and inter-departmental teams within a fast-paced, diverse and matrixed
environment. This may include leading and/or participating in agile teams focused on
creating value for the business.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills: (Minimum requirements)
● Education: BA/BS in technology, engineering or business management, or equivalent
● 0-3 years of experience in Information Technology (IT) Business Systems Analysis,
Technology and EHS Applications including experience with IT software and database
systems such as Tableau.
● Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device or high tech industries is desired
but not required.
● Project management experience is highly desired. Proficient at organizing, managing
and delivering solutions.
● Working knowledge of LEAN/KANBAN/SCRUM software development methodologies is
● Familiar with Cal OSHA, EPA, DOT, NIOSH, FDA and other regulatory requirements
applicable to good clinical, laboratory, and manufacturing practices (GxP) and non-GxP
environments highly desired.
● This position is not eligible for relocation.