NY, Staten Island
We are seeking a Buyer/Merchandiser for our client in Staten Island, NY. This is a full-time permanent position. No 3rd parties please.
- Maintain Fiscal Year Budget Objectives including but not limited to ad billings, promotional income, gross margin and topline sales goals, vendor negotiations and company events.
- Meet with departmental vendors and sales representatives to analyze and negotiate the best cost and deal for ad creation & promotional events.
- Work cross functionally to develop weekly frozen advertisements with feature retails, TPR programs, and deliver feature demand projections.
- Prepare information for various committee meetings where advertisements, sales performance, new items and gross profit objectives are reviewed.
- Analyze sales trends and market conditions while leveraging internal and external data sources to develop successful sales / merchandising strategies around price and distribution in frozen categories.
- From vendor engagement, perform category / item assortment optimization.
- Assess competitive landscape and optimize pricing on key market-basket items.
- Coordinate vendor participation in food shows & coordinate additional ad placement while generating incremental income.
- Provide service to owners and members. Listen to feedback and opinions of store level operations as well as resolve any issues and questions that might arise.
- Provide vendors, brokers, and manufacturers’ business reviews including positive and negative trends that have taken place FYTD working with the Analytics team
- Where necessary, undertake RFP / RFI & vendor contract negotiations for the co-op relating to frozen businesses.
- Assist the director in any additional operations necessary to the success of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business , Finance or Marketing
Skills & Experience
- 5-7 years in CPG and/or food retail industries. Familiarity in supermarket industry is a plus. Sales experience is a plus.
- Ability to interpret data and transfer into sales & promotion strategies
- Excellent analytic, communication & presentation skills allowing one to be tactical & strategic
- Excellent Power Point and Excel skills.
- Familiar with shelf management software and techniques.
- Previous experience with merchandising / pricing systems is a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a word formatted resume to Cheryl.email@example.com.