NY, Staten Island
We are looking for a Buyer/Merchandiser with solid CPG experience for a permanent position with our client in Staten Island.
· Maintain Fiscal Year Budget Objectives including but not limited to ad billings, promotional income, gross margin and topline sales goals, vendor negotiations and company events.
· Meet with departmental vendors and sales representatives to analyze and negotiate the best cost and deal for ad creation & promotional events
· Work cross functionally to develop weekly frozen advertisements with feature retails, TPR programs, and deliver feature demand projections.
· Prepare information for various committee meetings where advertisements, sales performance, new items and gross profit objectives are reviewed.
· Analyze sales trends and market conditions while leveraging internal and external data sources to develop successful sales / merchandising strategies around price and distribution in frozen categories.
· From vendor engagement, perform category / item assortment optimization.
· Assess competitive landscape and optimize pricing on key market-basket items.
· Coordinate vendor participation in food shows & coordinate additional ad placement while generating incremental income.
· Provide service to owners and members. Listen to feedback and opinions of store level operations as well as resolve any issues and questions that might arise.
· Provide vendors, brokers, and manufacturers’ business reviews including positive and negative trends that have taken place FYTD working with the Analytics team
· Where necessary, undertake RFP / RFI & vendor contract negotiations for the co-op relating to frozen businesses.
· Assist the director in any additional operations necessary to the success of the department.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Marketing
Skills & Experience
· 5-7 years in CPG and/or food retail industries. Familiarity in supermarket industry is a plus. Sales experience is a plus.
· Ability to interpret data and transfer into sales & promotion strategies
· Excellent analytic, communication & presentation skills allowing one to be tactical & strategic
· Excellent Power Point and Excel skills.
· Familiar with shelf management software and techniques.
· Previous experience with merchandising / pricing systems is a plus.