C++ Software Engineer - Executive Quant Strategies
Job Title: C++ Software Engineer - Executive Quant Strategies
Location: New York, NY 10019
Duration: Perm (FTE) role
- We are looking for a 3 - 6 year C++ developer who can help our Quant team execute strategies. This role is not exactly a quant developer role nor is it a embedded systems role.
- We want a smart, passionate C++ developer with a degree in a mathematical field.
- The ideal candidate will be excited by math and hold a degree in Mathematics or Engineering. You will be very analytical and enjoy working with numbers and problem solving
- This role is working with our Quant group but experience with quants is not required.
- This role is pure C++ Development.
We are seeking a strategic, detail-oriented software engineer to join our Quantitative Research team as a Quantitative Developer. You'll be assisting our Head of Quantitative Research in creating and maintaining models for research projects using C++. We're small, nimble, casual (no suits – shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. As a member of our Quantitative Research team, you will have true ownership over your projects from beginning to end, with an emphasis on accountability over micromanagement.
What You'll Do:
- Work directly with the Head of Quantitative Research to create new and enhance existing models in C++
- Assist our developers with implementation of new models in production code
- Provide coding support for new research ideas
Skills You'll Need:
- At least 3 years of experience programming in C++
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Applied Math, or similar
- Experience with data handling and ability to analyze data within a SQL environment
- Some experience coding C++ for both Linux and Windows is preferred
- Knowledge of C++11 and C++17 is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with Java, Python, and Linux shell scripting
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Redis or a similar datastore & messaging system such as MongoDB
- Helpful to know: Git, Docker, cmake, Jira, Confluence, Google Protocol Buffers
- Familiarity with Boost and Eigen C++ libraries
- Experience with quantitative modeling
- Familiarity with options or equities