Certified Scrum Master
We are looking for a Scrum Master for a 6 month contract position with our client in Washington DC. The right candidate will have 3-5 years of experience. All experience should be in agile teams. Must be able to interview onsite and work 100% onsite.
Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
Position Summary: We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our growing Engineering Team. Because the Scrum Master is an integral and deeply entrenched role within the development team, it is key that s/he has fundamental interpersonal skills such as being a strong communicator, active listening and keen observant skills (ability to read and appropriately interpret the concerns of the team), is professional, respective, level-headed and have a process-driven mentality. Must not only be strong in providing the team support and guidance in all things Agile (Scrum and/or Kanban), but they must understand when there is a need to be a project manager and facilitator rather than support.
- Has a clear understanding of the team's overall goal and how objectives tie into the larger strategy and initiatives
- Works with Product Owners and Stakeholders to refine vision and establish goals and metrics, communicate scope and ensure product domain is understood by their Agile Team
- Keeps the team accountable, focused on the current/right goals, and continuously provides coaching to ensure the Agile Team is self-organized and runs at optimal efficiency
- Manages and informs the Agile Team about inbound/outbound dependencies and communicates cross-team dependencies
- Remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right person to remove the impediment.
- Monitor team backlog daily and ensure it accurately reflects the current state of the sprint
- Strongly serves the Agile Team in their quest to deliver value to meet stakeholder expectations via facilitating and following up on actions related to daily scrum, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint demo/review and retrospective meetings
- Collaborate with Product Owner in providing reporting of team metrics including burn-down charts, velocity, and bug reporting
- Manage curve-balls, scope creep and risk for their Agile Team during development
- Strong understanding of product management practices to support the Product Owners in grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Collaborating with other Scrum Masters across work streams to increase the effectiveness of Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) within the organization
- 3+ years of experience being a Scrum Master
- 3+ years managing multiple information systems projects
- 3+ years in Agile/Scrum environment
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of managing complex Agile teams
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively while working comfortably with ambiguity and evolving priorities
- Enthusiastic team player as well as a leader and self-starter
- Working experience in the following Agile methods or frameworks: Scrum and Kanban
- Good skills and knowledge, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Excellent skills in using JIRA, Confluence and other online collaboration & management tools
- Tolerant of a range of project types, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation
- Professional, positive, respectful and calm/level-headed
- Active listener, strong observer and proactive when appropriate
- Advocate for the team's achievements
- Strong communicator with presentation and facilitation skills
- Understands when leading becomes necessary vs. supporting and guidance
- Provides guidance and enforcement on scrum practices for the Scrum Team and Department
- Experience with enterprise adoption Agile (using SAFe or similar framework)