Chief Technology Officer
Title: Chief Technology Officer
Type: Full Time Employed
Location: Boston, MA (open to remote on the East Coast)
Must Have: Interest in working with a startup; experience building mobile apps
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Our client has developed proprietary technology that will forever change the way music is created, shared, and enjoyed. They’re a tech start-up with connections to the top music creators in the history of the business and top-tier management. We have deep connections to devoted investors, and we won’t stop until we’ve created an app that makes our users wonder how they ever lived without it.
Our CTO will be a superb team leader who can not only bring our app to life, but someone who can work with senior leadership to deliver exactly what our users will want, when they want it, in a way they find irresistibly engaging. Our client sets the bar high, and we’re looking for a CTO who will do the same.
The CTO will be a key member of the executive team, reporting directly to the CEO. You will help decide the company’s strategy, develop the plans to reach its goals, and ensure that your team works smartly, effectively, and efficiently. You will also work with external parties, ensuring that their work meshes seamlessly with the technical and market-driven vision of what our app must do.
Our tech stack includes Azure, AWS, Python, and Flutter
· Provide the technical vision to get our app from concept to reality.
· Work with senior leadership to set strategy, priorities, and ensure our efforts are coordinated, on time, and within budget.
· Build, manage, guide, and mentor a team of engineers that will grow significantly both pre- and post-launch.
· Identify and negotiate a way through development issues by working with other department leaders.
· Ensure that the company’s product can adapt quickly to changing user needs.
· Define and develop operating procedures that are clear, well-communicated, and followed.
· Work with outsourced IT firm to ensure that the company has the right technology in place to support our efforts.
· Stay up-to-date on emerging trends in the technology world.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, with Masters’ degree preferred.
· At least 10 years of senior-level experience building, managing, and mentoring staff in a fast-growing environment.
· Ability to attract and retain top engineers.
· Exceptional management and communication skills. Ability to present technically complex information to others in a clear, concise manner.
· Experience in audio technologies and music creation is helpful but not necessary.