NC, Winston Salem
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Full Time Employee
The selected candidate will be implementing and supporting a multi-tiered high-availability Citrix infrastructure that is geographically distributed. The candidate will be involved in supporting, in varying capacities, a range of virtualization products including but not limited to Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Provisioning Services, StoreFront, Nutanix and various related and unrelated subsystems necessary to support a virtual desktop and application delivery environment.
• Bachelor’s degree of equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous Citrix Administrator position (Required 3 Years).
• Experience designing, implementing, migrating and supporting Citrix suite of products (XenApp, XenDesktop, Provisioning Services, etc.) version 7.x including Citrix Receiver. (Required 3 Years).
• Experience supporting Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure (MCSE / MCSA for Windows Server 2008 or newer is preferred, but not required) (Highly Desired 3 Years).
• Experience working interactively with business customers and resolving day to day Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp related issues.
• Experience as systems administrator supporting and maintaining Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp 7.6 and later, PVS, HDX policies, and Storefront.
• Experience upgrading and patching the Citrix and Windows environments to meet security, audit and business requirements.
• Complete command over troubleshooting issues related to Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp.
• Hands on experience supporting and maintaining Windows 7/10 operating system in a VDI environment.
• Hands on experience maintaining Windows Server 2008 and later, preferably 2016 & 2012 R2.
• In-depth knowledge of configuring and implementing AD group policies, DHCP, DFS, DNS.
• Implement, maintain and secure roaming profiles and folder redirection to ensure user accessibility and functionality.
• Hands on experience with VMware vSphere 6.0 and later.
• Extensive experience creating technical documentation.
• May assist in technical design for major changes to existing Citrix environments.
• Conducts regular Citrix maintenance and refresh activities.
• Skilled in time, priority and task management
• After-hours support rotation and implementation as needed.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Under limited supervision, designs, installs, configures, and supports the Citrix environment (XenApp and XenDesktop implementations, delivery controllers, StoreFront servers, endpoint devices with Citrix Receiver, etc.), including product migration and version upgrades.
• Under limited supervision, assumes responsibility for supporting Citrix-related projects (new application/desktop deployments, planning for additional Citrix capacity, infrastructure changes) in accordance with business unit requirements and industry/vendor best practices. The Citrix administrator is also one of the primary technical resources responsible for the day-to-day support of local and remote Citrix users.
• In addition to Citrix support, the Citrix administrator may be asked to provide support of core Microsoft infrastructure services (including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy Management, IIS, TCP/IP, SCCM, MS Exchange, MS Lync etc.)
• Assist in ensuring all EUD’s meet patch level compliance standards for OS and 3rd Party Applications.
• Maintains required compliance reports and scheduled delivery.
• Participates in ensuring that customer requests via ticketing systems are managed to closure.
• Able to establish patch deployment policies, deploy jobs, monitor, and resolve issues as required in an efficient and streamlined process.
• Communicate effectively with multiple customers and co-workers. This includes the following activities.
• Consulting with the various teams on support call.
• Able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Able to participate in various customer strategy meetings to define and understand customer delivery
• Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers.
• Develops, documents, and implements standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to End User Services support.
• Analyzes problem trends and develops ideas to achieve problem resolution.
• Participate in weekly Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings as needed.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org