Cloud Data Operations Engineer
Please find the summary of the position below:
One of our many customer(s) today is urgently looking for an experienced Sr. Data Engineer with Senior Cloud Data Operations Engineer with strong hands-on experience managing and operating a FedRamp compliant AWS (GovCloud) data Platform.
Here are some of the specific details:
Cloud Data Operations Engineer | 06+ months | Remote
• Solid hands-on experience deploying, managing, and operating a production data platform implemented in AWS GovCloud: ¬
Security, Identity & Compliance: AWS Identity & Access Management, AWS Key Management Service, AWS Secrets Manager, AWS Certificate Manager ¬ Management/Compliance: Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail ¬ Analytics: Amazon RedShift, Amazon EMR, Amazon OpenSearch Service formerly known as ElasticSearch Service
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
• Strong client-facing experience
• Strong development experience in Python and Shell
• Knowledgeable on Spark processing engine & Big Data/Hadoop framework
• Experience implementing highly available and disaster Recovery data solutions in AWS
• The ability to discuss and explain system architecture and component design
• Hands on experience with FedRAMP data applications built in AWS GovCloud
• Working knowledge of Configuration management, Change management and database administration
• Familiarity with Terraform & GitLab to maintain
Senior Cloud Data Operations Engineer with strong hands-on experience managing, and operating a FedRamp compliant AWS (GovCloud) data Platform
• Support/Operate an Enterprise Data Services Platform (RedShift/EMR/OpenSearch Service)
• Built/enhance upon the current solution to ensure that is able to meet NFRs, service-level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements
• Drive issue resolutions and root cause analysis with on-call duty
• Create and maintain runbooks for all operational processes
• Implement operational best practices for running data application in the Cloud, and promote these best practices to the team and to the end-users
• Identify gaps and configure AWS services in use for optimal performance and user experience
• Identifying and implementing cost-saving strategies to reduce cloud operational costs
• Experience with enterprise rollout to production using CI/CD pipeline
Harvey Nash is a national, full-service talent management firm specializing in technology positions. Our company was founded with a mission to serve as the talent partner of choice for the information technology industry.
Our company vision has led us to incredible growth and success in a relatively short period of time and continues to guide us today. We are committed to operating with the highest possible standards of honesty, integrity, and a passionate commitment to our clients, consultants, and employees.
Utilizing our proprietary Predictive Staffing model, our company has enjoyed more than a decade of rapid growth, earning our reputation as a client-focused, efficient provider across a broad range of industries. Today, we serve top Fortune 1000 and successful privately held companies all over the country, still operating under the simple idea that great people aligned under a common vision can achieve tremendous results.
We are part of Harvey Nash Group, a global professional services organization with over forty offices worldwide.
For more information, please visit us at https://www.harveynashusa.com/