Communications Manager 3
Communications Manager 3
Ridgefield Park, NJ (100% Remote)
12 Months Contract
The Manager of Public Relations is responsible for the creation and implementation of media relations programs on behalf Client’s’s Home Entertainment division, products and services.
The role’s responsibilities include: developing and executing strategic and tactical plans to generate positive coverage across a broad variety of earned media and influencer outlets in collaboration with Client’s internal and PR agency teams. The manager will also be responsible for the reputation and brand awareness of all Client’s TV, Services and Audio products.
This position will require a communications professional who can comfortably interface with senior executives as well as marketing and sales stakeholders. The manager must also liaison with Client’s Home Entertainment Global Business Management Team to coordinate media targets, events and general outreach related to product and service launches.
The manager must have a strategic, creative communication acumen and operational expertise (ability to manage multiple projects) and a proven ability to self-manage. Finally, the manager must also demonstrate a track record of developing creative compelling stories that increase brand and product awareness, as well as and managing successful media relations campaigns that delivered measureable impact.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Client’s PR and agency teams to:
- Lead day-to-day management as well as maintenance of press relationships
- Identify and develop stories that have high potential to attract strong media coverage
- Develop detailed strategic PR plans for how to execute creative approaches with clear objectives, KPIs and tactics to drive measurable results and impact
- Develop PR plans to raise awareness and consideration of HE products and services, including:
- PR narratives and feature articles
- Review and awards programs
- Thought leadership programs
- Onsite media relations at major tradeshows and events (limited)
- Deliver campaigns with flawless execution and an eye towards measurable impact
- Collaborate with global Client’s offices, business groups in Korea and US
- Lead in the management of outside agencies and other support team members
- Reporting of PR results to the organization
- All other duties as assigned
(How will duties be measured)
- Best-in-class execution of PR programs, on time and in budget
- Art of story-telling and placing stories in top-tier outlets
- Track & report press hits weekly and ad hoc during special circumstances
- Provide project by project plans, budgets and KPIs
- Deliver KPIs of specific projects & initiatives
- Timely response to all inquiries and if needed, crises
- Manage timely completion of deliverables
- Drive favorable coverage measured by core message pull through and impact
- Develop new and exciting ways to share the Client’s HE story.
- YoY increase in overall and strategic media placements, impressions
- YoY increase in favorable sentiment of Client’s products in media
- Message pull-through in media stories
- 4-5 years of experience, preferably in Media Relations.
- Strong Technology experience – preferably in TV, Audio product category
- Public Relations experience in key market verticals such as Consumer tech and trade a plus
- Exceptional management skills to oversee key PR focus areas
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism required as a representative of the company
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction; strong decision making skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Ability to lead agency teams
- Excellent time management, organizational, and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)Proficient in Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree, Graduate Degree a plus
Top Must Haves:
- Public Relations Experience/Media experience; Some form of product PR experience in tech/electronics/appliance industry; “TV, Audio experience is a plus”.
- Strong Communication, organization and writing
- Ability to self-manage
Nice to Haves:
- Product experience (TV/audio) is a plus, but not required
Internal: broad spectrum and extensive interaction with stakeholders ---- SEA, NAHQ, GBMs, SEC corporate or even other divisions in other territories (ex. SECA, SEUK)
External: lead, develop, maintain positive/favorable, proactive relationship with the Press, PR and Marketing agencies, and possibly with customers and vendors