Communications Manager 5
Communications Manager 5(Sr. Manager, Executive Communications & Speechwriting)
12 months contract
Client Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For decades, Client has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate.
At Client Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Client. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Client, we Own the Unknown.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager of Executive Communications & Speechwriting to work out of our Plano, NJ or DC office to support the Mobile Experience (MX) Team. As part of the MX Communications team, this role is responsible for supporting for leading executive communications (speeches, social media, external events, PR activities and thought leadership) and other projects.
Content needs include but are not limited to always-on editorial (executive communications, social media content, blog articles and thought leadership), external speaking opportunity management, and social media. You’ll take an editorial approach when writing, turning insights and marketing narratives into creative and compelling content in the Client MX voice and tone. You will communicate MX’s message and value to the market.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with internal customers (business unit Leadership and PR), identify the communication goal and key messages in order to write concise copy
- Conceptualize and write compelling content to engage and educate customers and prospects while increasing understanding of MX technology and the business
- Develop new ideas to support and enhance the department's overall content strategy
- Taking topics and making them easy to understand in concise language
- Proactively seek out, interview and work with subject matter experts to improve the quality of the material and share global internal messages
- Demonstrate teamwork to help promote a creative and collaborative culture
- Manage and meet deadlines and priorities for multiple projects simultaneously
- Provide communication and editing expertise to support departments as needed
- Assist with supporting events (internal and external)
- Create branded content that is insightful, culturally relevant and inherently sharable
- Successfully communicate creative ideas and the strategic rationale behind them
- Collaborate with team members from design, sales, events, marketing, PR and more
- Write and edit copy enterprise ready content on tight timelines
- Consolidate and incorporate feedback from internal stakeholders
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of communications, speechwriting or content creation experience.
- A candidate should have a prior strategic role coupled with a strong focus on execution of creative thinking.
- Experience managing external agencies.
Top 3 Must Have Skills
- 7+ years
- Excellent writer
- Creative thinker
- A successful candidate should have an open mind, be both detail oriented, while retaining a view of the big picture.
- They should be passionate about the technology or consumer electronics industry.
- The candidate should be well grounded in terms of “roll up your sleeves” work, identifying practical solutions to complex problems, and following those issues through to closure.