Communications Technology Analyst
Communications Technology Analyst 2 – Voice Application Specialist
6 months (Contract to Hire)
This open competitive position within the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department is responsible for the design, purchase, build, installation, and support of voice and data network communications equipment and software for the Government of Nashville & Davidson County Departments and Agencies. This includes identifying and leading the resolution of problems to provide better service to our customers. This position is expected to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the maintenance and management of Cisco Unified Communication systems (UCS) infrastructure and support services.
ITS is a 24x7 information technology shop. Applicant must be willing and available to perform duties as required by the job. This may include work on nights, weekends and holidays and may include overtime hours but only as necessary.
Develops purchase requirements and ensures adherence to specifications
- Ensures the overall health of UCS infrastructure maintaining all components at optimal operating levels
- Support Client Nashville Boards and Commissions meetings which require use of the Webex Event application
- Maintains and updates all hardware, software, tools, and peripherals associated with communications infrastructure
- Reports usage and trend analysis
- Performs day-to-day support including adds, moves, changes, and deletions
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves connectivity problems and issues
- Responsible for the planning, build, and testing of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures
- Performs daily administration, maintenance, and problem resolution for assigned customer service requests and incidents
- Manages hardware and software configurations, patches, and upgrades
- Coordinates third-party and vendor activities
- Aggressive maintenance of networking skillsets and active acquisition of new skills
Any combination of education and experience that would prepare the incumbent to perform the duties of the position at the appropriate level. Employees would typically have proficient (3 years) experience in unified communications and demonstrated proficiency within analog line support and POTS, Media Resources, Cisco Unity, Presence Services, PSTN & IP Gateways, Cisco Telephony, and Communications Technology Analyst 2 – Voice Application Specialist other Cisco UCS Components as well as experience with administration of Jabber, WebEx, and Cisco Contact Center Solutions.
- Experience working with SolarWinds and other monitoring tools preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Related industry standard certifications preferred
Valid "Class D" Driver's License