Contracts Administrator 5
Business Professional - Contracts Administrator
Plano, TX (Not a remote position - required to be on site.
6 months contract
Client Retail Operations Team (Retail Ops) is committed to consistently delivering unique, differentiated and valuable experiences to everyone, every channel, every time. Our mission is to create Client evangelists across the United States by exciting, empowering and delighting consumers by way of inspiring products, unique experiences and knowledgeable experts, resulting in conversion, sales and loyalty. Retail Ops’ primary objectives are to deliver a winning customer experience consistently in all channels, drive engagement at retail, launch and scale Client retail, seamlessly connect via Omni-channel and build consumer evangelism with targeted customers. None of this can be achieved without the help and support from our key suppliers and internal stakeholders.
There remains an untapped opportunity for many organizations, where value can be created, costs reduced, innovation derived and competitive advantages achieved. This source is directly from an organization’s 3rd party relationships – Supplier Base. To maximize the full value from our suppliers, it requires Procurement teams to operate in fundamentally different ways. By way of growth and a desire to transform the Procurement function, the Business Planning Retail Ops Team (BP Retail Ops) has begun its journey to develop and implement a best in class Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program to unlock the untapped, indispensable value.
As part of the BP Retail Ops, the Contract Manager will contribute in a unique and critical role that will help SRM recognize the maximum amount of benefit for indirect expenditure, while optimizing internal processes and managing external risks. This role will support two key areas of need:
- Lease administration for Client’s Direct to Consumer (DTC) business that supports its retail store locations throughout the United States.
- Contract management for commercial and business engagements with Client suppliers and customers
This role provides both strategic and tactical direction in the development, negotiation, management and administration of contract activities and initiatives. The candidate will own the process of analyzing contract issues to identify and eliminate risks, validate contract compliance, while optimizing value to Client.
Integral to the success of this position will also require one to demonstrate characteristics of good character, including a high degree of integrity and an abundance of professionalism, establishing yourself as a trusted partner. The potential candidate will also be expected to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to identify, facilitate, optimize, and execute the purchase, and or management of, assigned indirect spend categories, such as commodities, professional services, office supplies, equipment, business process outsourcing, various marketing activities, general construction and repairs and maintenance.
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, indicating the types of activities that would be performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
DTC Lease Administration
- Draft clear abstractions that provides concise analysis summarizing key material provisions in a lease and corresponding lease documents, including financial, business and legal information pertinent to Client;
- Implement a tracking system for leases in portfolio to proactively monitor and manage critical dates, lease options, and other material provisions or obligations throughout the lifetime of each lease, and notify appropriate parties of approaching obligations or critical dates with actionable recommendations pursuant to the lease in a timely manner that allows Client to make critical decisions, action on obligations or capitalize on any contractual benefits for Client;
- Help document, track and analyze lease expenditures in partnership with Finance – operating costs, common area maintenance (CAM) expenses, tenant improvement allowances, utilities or other financial obligations;
- Proactively evaluates and audits the lease portfolio to identify potential risks over the lifetime of all leases;
- Monitor Client compliance to terms and conditions of leases to ensure Client is meeting all material obligations throughout the lease lifecycle.
- Assist with lease agreement negotiations with new leases, renewals, amendments, addendums or other adjustments;
- Manage the full contract lifecycle, including preparation, draft, negotiation support, modification, execution, amendments, addendums, and renewals of contracts;
- Create, prepare, review and edit a wide array of contract documentation, including master agreements, lease agreements, statements of work, term sheets or other legally binding agreements;
- Administer contracts in a phased approach in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Provide interpretation and analysis of contract documents to internal stakeholders, executives or external parties (e.g. suppliers, customers), as needed;
- Solve complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors;
- Monitor existing contracts and recommend best approach before term expiration: close-out, extend, or renew with amendments according to business needs and contract terms;
- Maintain records of correspondence and documentation for contracts within company designated processes and systems;
- Identify opportunities to update or improve contract structure or language for standard contract templates (e.g. master agreements, SOWs, SAAS agreement, amendments, etc.);
- Conduct contract risk and compliance analysis to identify, and mitigate against, potential legal and/or contract compliance issues;
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with internal stakeholders, suppliers and/or customers;
Background / Experience
A Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field from a four-year college or university. Master’s degree or industry recognized certification highly preferred;
- 10+ collective years in areas of commercial contract management and/or lease administration with some demonstrable experience in procurement or supply management
- Strong experience in reading and interpreting commercial contracts and leases, including all related documents;
- Expert working knowledge of a variety of contract types
- Proven collaborator with the ability to work with all levels and functions;
- Managing projects and the ability to assess impact of a given project: planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple complex assignments and projects;
- Strong multi-tasking skills along with excellent analytical, negotiation, written and oral communication skills;
- Must have a data driven approach to solving problems, demonstrating an ability of being highly organized, extremely detail oriented with strong leadership skills;
- Must be a strong team player and demonstrate adept interpersonal and excellent collaborative skills in order to maintaining excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and strong prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep high level of focus:
- In-depth use and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); Confluence, Jira, SAP or similar ERPs is a plus; and
- Ability to notarize legal and other related documents is a plus
Top 3 must-have skills/requirements?
- Extensive experience with contract and lease management
- Extensive experience managing full life cycle of contracts or leases, such as draft, negotiation support, modification (redlining), execution with master agreements, lease agreement, SOWs, amendments, etc.
- Strong experience in reading and interpreting commercial contracts and leases, including all related documents
Necessary Skills / Attributes Ability to work cooperatively and build strong relationships with peers and senior leadership locally and globally; sharing ideas and developing effective business processes in support of the company mission. Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations, creating effective business partnerships. Polished interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines in a collaborative and matrixed environment. Demonstrated character traits of trustworthiness, open communication, empathy and a win-win orientation. Ability to build rapport and engagement through effective communication and interpersonal skills. A positive attitude with the ability to deliver excellent customer experience and satisfaction. A strong background in Procurement with indirect category/ supplier spend management preferred.
Physical / Mental Demands & Conditions Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.