NY, Staten Island
We are looking for a Credit Manager for a permanent position with our client in Staten Island. Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
Responsible for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of credit policy, periodic credit reviews and maintenance of existing and new customer security, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
Maintain aging of at least 95% current on Store Receivables and 87% current on Vendor Receivables; manage a staff of up to four direct reports.
- Manage & maintain relationships with Store/Vendor Customers and Merchandiser Departments
- Maintain a department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives
- Measure department performance with appropriate/agreed upon metrics
- Provide ongoing training of the credit/collections staff
- Manage relations with credit reporting agencies & credit insurance providers
- Ensure proper security is obtained and maintained for all customers, update and audit periodically. Report any issues and recommended solutions to executive management
- Daily collections and follow up with customers; resolve issues and make recommendations to senior management
- Review, analyze and make recommendations on weekly aging reports; monitor and resolve any ongoing collection issues
- Lead weekly Credit Committee Meetings with executive management
- Oversee billing, cash application and credit issuance to ensure timely and accurate daily/weekly customer statement invoicing process. Oversee all special event billing, collections, tracking and reporting.
- Recommend changes to the credit & collection policies/strategies to senior management as needed Maintain and enforce corporate credit policy and internal credit scoring model; provide periodic updates to senior management
- Monitor the credit granting and updating process; perform periodic credit reviews for all customers
- Personally investigate the largest, and all new customer credit applications
- Personally visit store customers to establish relationships
- Recommend process improvement and quality reviews to simplify and improve productivity
- Manage the application of late fees and other penalties as needed within assigned authority
- Partner & coordinate with Loans Department to maintain complete risk profiles for all store customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years Collections and Credit Management experience
- Vast understanding of credit reporting agencies (D&B / Equifax/Seafax)
- Proficient in reading / interpreting financial statements for the purpose of underwriting credit
- Prior experience with UCC filings and personal guarantees
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to manage relationships both internally and externally
- Strong audit background, problem solving and customer service skills
- Computer Skills – advanced in Excel, knowledge of SAP a plus
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Must be a team player
- Ability to multi task in a high paced and high volume environment