Crisis Emergency Management Consulting Directo
We are seeking a Crisis Emergency Management Consulting Director for a full time permanent position with our client in Chicago, IL. Please review the job details below and send resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
Crisis Emergency Management Consulting Director is charged with leading Crisis/Emergency Management Program. The responsibility will also encompasses the development and delivery of Supplier Resiliency posture. The service owner will be responsible to develop, implement, maintain, manage and govern the enterprise's CEM program for recovery from all types of business disruption risks (natural, technical, geopolitical, accidental, workforce, supplier).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and lead enterprise-wide corporate crisis/emergency management policies, standards, plans (including but not limited to corporate crisis/emergency management and pandemic plans), and operational support platforms for All Hazard events. Globally develop and incorporate best-practices; execute training standards and programs for crisis/emergency management and business continuity. Provide world-wide direct support to all business units on crisis/emergency management planning.
- Across Company globally provide business & technical guidance to senior leadership, business unit leadership, global business resiliency champions, and associates. Become trusted advisor and contribute to raising operational risk and business resiliency awareness throughout the organization globally.
- Provide summarized and detailed metrics on global crisis/emergency management, readiness, crisis and incident reporting, and perform gap analysis and controls assurance program reviews as necessary in areas critical to the operating effectiveness of Company worldwide. Globally engage with corporate, business unit and division leaders as appropriate to minimize the recurrence crisis incidents.
- Partners with executives, subject matter experts, and plan administrators to develop detailed and comprehensive emergency management plans for each site location.
- Performs and evaluates business impact analyses and risk assessments; develops program policies, plans and procedures and coordinates testing and exercise activities.
- Provides training and awareness communications and oversees the execution of continuity and response plans in the event of a business disruption.
- Conducts reviews, analyzes requirements, recommends strategies and writes and updates associated plans as required.
- Coordinates and monitors all project management activities to execute all phases of the full business continuity program lifecycle from program initiation through operational status for all plans.
- Develops policies, procedures, templates, standards and documentation in support of the deployment, management and sustainability of the program.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the business processes, assets, facilities, responsibilities, regulatory requirements and interdependencies of the organization.
- Performs regular reviews and updates to all program materials to ensure that the quality and accuracy of all program documentation is maintained.
- Performs continuous monitoring of program activities to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, cost reduction, and enhanced operational efficiency.
- Coordinates with the Information Technology department to ensure alignment between the disaster recovery and business continuity programs.
- In response to a disaster or any other type of business interruption, supports executive leadership by leading crisis management and incident response teams in the coordination and execution of all business continuity and emergency management plans and related activities.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years' experience in global crisis management and business resilience for Multi-National Corporations
- Crisis Emergency Management degree and/or ITIL, ASIS/CPP or ISACA/CISM certification preferred
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) preferred
- Member Business Continuity Institute (MBCI) preferred
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)/National Response Framework working knowledge required
- Strong project/program management skills
- Crisis management expertise managing crisis events (e.g., natural disasters, emergency management, coordinating relief logistics, etc.)
- FEMA knowledge / background is a plus