Data Analyst - 1 ( SEO SPECIALIST )
NJ, Ridgefield Park ( 100% Remote )
Position: Data Analyst 1 ( SEO Specialist ) - | 5658-1
Duration: 6+ months contract (Possibility for extension)
candidate should possess comprehensive knowledge of the Search Engine
Optimization (SEO) industry, including research, recommendations, technical
guidance, reporting, and the landscape of tools available. In the role, the
candidate will own the SEO discipline for the Customer Care organization.
SEO is important to the performance of any consumer website, but it is especially critical to Customer Care. The primary method any customer uses to seek support is to google for an answer, and it’s the job of the Care SEO team to ensure client is there above all others. As the organization prioritizes self-service, the SEO and website teams will be the main drivers of success.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Focuses on SEO for the Customer Care division, meaning any webpage the Care division manages is considered in scope. This includes client, but also other websites, like the Care channel on youtube.com. The goal is to meet client support customers where they are and align with their preferred media (e.g. articles vs. videos vs. live support)
2. Collaborates with Content Planning and Production teams to ensure self-service article recommendations are consistently applied and measured for effectiveness. The Care organization currently manages around 2,500 unique articles, such as How to Connect Your client Phone to Your TV, and this role would help determine what articles to optimize and when
3. Collaborates with various owners of non-article webpages (like online repair requests) to ensure strategic direction is aligned and incorporated into SEO guidance. Every department has different objectives, but what most share in common is a representation of their business on a client web property, so it is critical to balance all these needs with SEO support
4. Collaborates as needed with other SEO managers, either in client or globally. It is critical to consider all client web properties as a whole, not just those belonging to Care. In any situation, it’s possible for client to be competing with itself (either regionally or globally)
Background & Competencies Required:
• 2-4 years of work experience in analysis and insight generation, including specific focus on SEO
• Understanding and mastery of analytics platforms and data analysis.
Example platforms/tools include, among others:
o SEO tools such as Google Search Console, Conductor Searchlight, BrightEdge Data Cube, and others
o Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, YouTube Studio, etc.
o Raw data analysis (i.e. working with CSV files and assembling multiple data sets together)
o Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and project management suites like JIRA or Teamwork
• Understanding of technical aspects of SEO (sitemaps, robots files, canonicals, etc.)
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• College or technical college degree or equivalent experience