Position: Telecom - Data Architect 3 (AWS - EMR Admin)
Location: Remote/ Bellevue, WA
Duration: 9 Months contract
- Responsible for the design, deployment, configuration, and operations for a multi-node big data cluster.
- This includes working with open source and/or commercial stacks to support the full SDLC. Resource will work to deploy, manage, and maintain development, test and production environments for the big data platform.
- Develop scripts to automate and streamline operations and configurations in the infrastructure
- Use knowledge of enterprise security solutions like LDAP and Kerberos to maintain a secure environment
- Work to identify infrastructure needs and providing support to developers and business user
- Research performance issues; Optimize platform for performance
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all operational environments
- Work with a cross functional team delivering software deployments
- Forward thinking by continuously adopting new ideas and technologies to solve business problems
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
5-7 years of experience.
- Strong Experience in Hadoop Administration - AWS EMR is preferred
- Strong Experience in Hadoop - HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, ZooKeeper.
- Strong Experience in Hadoop SQL tools - Hive and Presto
- Any Scripting Knowledge - Shell, Perl, python, groovy, terraform, ansible
- Strong Experience in Linux OS
- Experience on AWS services/network - Instances, Security Groups, Bootstrap actions, S3 Buckets, VPC/Subnet
- Strong Experience with Hadoop security and Governance - LDAP Integrations, Kerberos.
- Strong Performance tuning experience on Hive, Presto and MapReduce/Yarn.
- Strong Experience in monitoring, debugging and troubleshooting of services.
- Experience in AWS URM mapper and related services
- Experience in providing on-call support.