Data Architect, Marketing Technology
Title: Data Architect (Marketing Technology)
Type: Contracting Opportunity
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Stamford, CT. (open for remote but require to be on-site initial two weeks and on a needed basis).
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
Must Have: Direct to consumer, Customer Engagement Platform, Customer Data Platforms.
We are seeking a data architect for the Marketing Technology stack. The key goals for the stack is to support fan acquisition, retention, engagement and monetization by providing personalized experiences for fans based on their interaction with our across media, live events, advertising, and CPG.
The data architect will be responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing our data architecture (specific to marketing technology stack), along with architecture principles, supporting various information management, data integration and business intelligence (BI) initiatives. Data will be on heterogeneous platforms and technology stacks including web/app (google analytics/BQ/GTM), shopify, ticketmaster and cloud/SaaS platforms. The Data Architect will also be responsible for data modeling, data governance and provide mapping business requirements to technical /system requirements for new projects.
This position requires collaborative internal/external consensus building skills with a proven ability to think strategically in a rapidly evolving environment. This role requires a unique blend of strong technical and business knowledge, solid interpersonal communication skills, along with awareness of technology and industry trends.
- Design and implement data models, data catalog, data lineage and data security policies and principles.
- Design integration of source data to CDP (customer data platforms such as m-particle, segment etc), CEP (customer engagement platforms such as Braze, blueshift etc) as well as any connections between CDP/CEP and internal data warehouse. CDP/CEP would include identity management, Digital Messaging/Campaign Management, segmentation, fan journey orchestration, preference centers and personalization capabilities. Some examples -
- Architect data flow of customer events and profiles from web/app to CDP
- Architect data flow of profiles and audiences from CDP to CEP
- Architect data flow of audiences, campaign metrics from CDP/CEP to data warehouse
- Design technology architectures, workflows, best practices and governance guidelines
- Work with implementation professional services teams to get the platform up and running; Oversee migration from legacy systems
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations (GDPR/CCPA etc)
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features
- Create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision
- Design and develop prototypes, proofs of concept, pilots and solutions to validate architectural assumptions and assess technology options
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in design and development of enterprise data architecture
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in data governance
- Experience of overseeing integrations with at least one DMP or CDP tool
- Good understanding of AWS/GCP, relational and normalized databases from both utility as well as data model design and development
- Knowledge of Spark, kafka/kinesis/ other streaming solutions, Lambda
- Knowledge of Tag Management, Systems Integrations, APIs, webhooks & Connectors
- Technical background with knowledge of software development, web and native app technologies
- Familiarity with ETL and ELT methodologies
- Proficient in agile product development
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities; Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.