Data Engineer II
Title: Data Engineer II
Duration: 4 months
Location: Seattle, WA (Remote during entire contract)
Data Engineer II - 4 Months - Seattle, Washington - Remote – Able return to office in Jan. Flexible for right candidate.
Job Description: – Ensure Alignment to Selected Title
Client is looking for a Data Engineer (DE) to join the Robotics Advanced Technology (AT) Business Solutions Services (BSS) team. AT is responsible for delivering automated solutions to various process paths within the Client Fulfillment Network. The BSS team builds, deploys, and maintains an integrated suite of services, extensible across development teams within AT, to improve operational efficiency of the product development lifecycle. The BSS team enables customers to make effective, data-driven decisions and reinforce the overall Rhythm of the Business (RoB).
The DE will support in the design and implementation of data solutions that automate and enable various value streams within the AT business.
* Create new and refine on existing data pipelines, including ETL or ELT practices
* Manipulate and mine data from database tables, e.g. Redshift, MySQL, using SQL
* Facilitate in data gap analysis and stitching/blending exercises
* Build and improve existing data streams to ensure data integrity and efficient analyses
* Automate human intervention via scripting
* Assist in developing reporting and visualizing data insights
* Provide fact-based insights into variances and trends
* Onboard and maintain tables to internal tools/platforms
* Create and refine on respective process documentation as changes are realized
* Communicate announcements regarding new processes and enhancements
* Monitor, respond, and resolve trouble ticketing queue
* Identify opportunities for improving customer experience
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
* 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, or similar role
* Expert in SQL with thorough knowledge of advanced SQL functions and database design
* Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
* Understand business process, logical data models, and relational database implementations
* Experience with business intelligence analytics, reporting, visualization tools and methods (i.e., Tableau, QuickSight)
* A good candidate can partner with business owners directly to understand their requirements and provide data which can help them observe patterns and spot anomalies.
* Master’s Degree in Data Engineering, Applied Data Science, Data and Web Science, or related certification
* Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
* Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering