Must be located in the Greater Seattle Area to be Eligible!!!
Data Scientist – Experimentation (Contract position)
We are embarking on its next wave of innovation in visual storytelling and how to put the perfect image or video in our customer’s hands, be it for a society-changing headline or a brand’s next big campaign—truly moving the world with images.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our AI/ML Team to own the measurement of our A/B tests. We are increasing the rate of tests to improve our customer’s Search and Browse experience, and we need your help to ensure we are confidently measuring impact to revenue and the customer experience.
You will define and develop key conversion metrics, build and analyze A/B experiments, and uncover product insights that impact over 50 million unique visitors from almost every country in the world
What you’ll be doing:
• Develop Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics in close partnership with product management, data science, and engineering
• Design and build Looker and other visualization dashboards around key metrics to enable data-driven product development and business insights
• Analyze online experiment results (ex: A/B tests) that help us improve and fine tune our data-focused features, algorithms/models, and search products
• Drive understanding of our users and their interaction with our products through analyses of user interaction and engagement
• Partner with engineers, data engineers, and data scientists to drive creation of and improvements to user interaction logging and data pipelines
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
• Relevant experience defining and developing metrics/KPIs and analyzing A/B tests
• Experience with statistical methods for measuring online experiments
• Experience with data access, processing, and analysis tools: SQL, Hive, Python, Spark, statistical analysis tools, etc.
• Experience with data visualization, presentation, and reporting tools: Looker, MS Excel, Rundeck, Streamlit, etc.
• Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
• Ability to deliver on tight timelines and work quickly with cross-functional teams to uncover insights while maintaining close attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills across engineers, product, data scientists, leadership, and data analysts and scientists
• Strong project management skills, including ability to prioritize, schedule, manage time effectively, deal with ambiguity, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• A B.A, B.S., or M.S. in Statistics, Data Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Engineer, Computer Science, Economics, Sociology, Natural Sciences or any other equivalent quantitative field is preferred. If you are self-taught and believe you are a good fit for this role, or have significant work experience, we would love to hear from you as well.