Database Admin / BI Developer
This role will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the enterprise Microsoft SQL Database and the business intelligence environment, both individually and as part of a team (local and offshore). Good communication skills are essential!
The ideal candidate must be able to fluidly transition between working as a core DBA, to being a DBA developer handling SSIS packages, data analysis, build reports and work on our Data Warehouse environment housing our Cubes/Models. Strong experience with SQL Server Management Studio, using the various functions and capabilities of the mgmt. studio to manage the DB is important. The candidate must be comfortable with (or willing to quickly learn) Azure and AWS. Additionally, working in a team setting with developers who use DevOps, Scrum, and CICD is helpful. Knowledge of Board, Prophix, Oracle, Hyperion, IBM Planning Analytics or SAP BPC is a plus.
- Work closely with management and other members of the IT team to ensure the success of IT projects
- Actively participate in the collaborative and development processes essential to deliver high-quality software solutions (in a professional and respectful manner)
- Actively look for ways to continually improve IT processes and technologies
- A willingness to be flexible and able to continually learn and improve, as this position may require you to work on any piece of the technology stack.
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server environment, with thorough knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2016 databases.
- Experience in SSIS, SSAS, SSRS components of SQL Server.
- Experience in building ETL data flows using SSIS, creating workflows / data mapping to extract or push data from / to SQL Server - design, develop, schedule, troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Create shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS EC2, S3 etc.
- Good working knowledge of query optimization, performance tuning of stored procedures, and use of SQL tools such as Profiler, Execution plans, Database Tuning Advisor and related efficient coding standards.
- Experience in key DBA functions
- Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, Logging.
- Database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Handle Dev and Prod environments.
- Strong experience using SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) with report designer, report manager and report server. Experience in developing Enterprise reports, drill down reports, linked reports and charts using SSRS Report Builder.
- Develop Cubes using SQL server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source views.
- Responsible for all backup, recovery, and upgrading of all the SQL databases.
- Any experience with performance monitoring tools is a plus. Such as AppDynamics.
- Any experience working with Audit tools such as Netwrix, Alertlogic etc is a plus.
- Experience working with security tools is also a plus.
- Experience handling a SOX compliant environment and keeping the environment compliant is a plus.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience with Database on-Prem and in Azure, with data handling experience.
- Experience with real-time communication via Zoom Meetings and Slack
- Good familiarity with developing in a Microsoft technical environment, including Windows Server admin and SQL Database administration.
- Familiarity with SSL Certificates, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced challenging environment - accountable for your own actions and able to take ownership of the environment, keep it healthy and also contribute for the improvement of DW & BI (Power BI) in the company.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills