Database Administrator - SQL
- 24x7 production support of all SQL Servers across our data platform on a rotational schedule.
- Identify and respond to SQL Agent job failures; work with developers when required to resolve problems.
- Monitor and ensure database availability, security and performance across all nodes.
- Manage our replication environment and ensure data is current across all nodes on the platform.
- Ensure disaster recover practices are current and practices.
- Perform database installs, upgrades, patching and implement infrastructure changes as required.
- Familiar with SQL Server RDS (Amazon) administration.
- SQL Server Skills
- CLUSTERED versus NONCLUSTERED indexes
- The value of COLUMNSTORE indexes
- Table Partitioning
- TSQL Scripting, ability to debug/write/modify SPs
- System views and administration management tools.
- Powershell scripting is a must
- Amazon Cloud Watch
- Should know transactional replication inside and out,
- How to resolve large updates at the distributor without incurring downtime.
- How to manage subscribers that are behind
- Understand how DML/DDL queries can affect replication
- What to watch to determine replication health
- Should understand complex queries, how to read query plans, how to index for poor performing queries.