Database Engineer (ETL)
NY, New York
Title: Database Engineer (ETL)
Location: NY, NY OR Montville, NJ
Employment Type: Fulltime/ Perm
- Strong ETL Development/ Data warehousing/ Data Mart
- Experience combining data from multiple systems
- Data Analysis, understanding database structures and principles
Responsibilities: Will be aggregating data on multiple systems and transforming it so they can analyze it and distribute it. Upfront work will be creating data warehouses and doing maintenance. Second half is not being a data jockey per se, but being someone capable of doing analysis."
Industry experience: Insurance experience a huge plus, but not necessarily an absolute requirement. Would like someone who speaks the language.
Note: Ideal to have experience working with outside parties.
We are looking for a Database Engineer to build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models at a very rapidly growing company.
For this role, you should know how to analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. Hands-on experience with SQL is also required. Ideally, you are familiar with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools.
Ultimately, you will develop database solutions to ensure company information is stored effectively and securely.
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Will be combining data from multiple systems, some hosted and some SAAS, via file feeds and/or web services
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Define security and backup procedures
- Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
- Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Strong ETL Data Warehouse experience
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure environment working with SQL Server, Azure SQL database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Strong SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible and solve problems in a fast-moving environment
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field or commensurate experience
- Experience working with SQL and other data tools to help support business objectives.
- General understanding of technology as it relates to servers, network, cloud, data warehouse, reporting and analytical tools.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Experience in or understanding of the Insurance Industry preferable.