Design Engineer 2
Mossville, IL or Lafayette, IN
Position’s Contributions to Work Group:
This position is with the Client Electrification and Advanced Power Solutions Division in either Peoria Illinois or Lafayette, Indiana. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for ensuring successful validation of battery, fuel cell, and electrical charging power systems. Program responsibilities will include developing product risk assessment DFMEA (design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), validation test plans, and product validation metrics for new product introduction (NPI) and in-production continuous product improvement (CPI) projects.
- Develop and maintain electrification product Validation Plans:
- Coordinate DFMEA and validation test preparation timelines with NPI program teams.
- Lead engineering design teams in the development of DFMEAs.
- Continue collaboration with engineering teams and update DFMEAs with new risk discovery.
- Develop reliability targets for new products.
- Create DFMEA-driven test plans in collaboration with design and test laboratory/proving ground engineers.
- Support engineering design teams in analysis of test failure discoveries. Lead creation of new test plans to support validation of design improvement iterations.
- Prepare and report Product Validation metrics (risk criticality, reliability prediction, and testing status) to NPI leadership and team members.
Interaction with team:
- Expectation in-office, leading meeting, consistent collaboration with other team members and others outside of the immediate work group
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field required. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology also considered plus 2-4 years related experience required. Master’s Degree in engineering field with 1-2 years related experience also considered. Bachelor’s Degree in ME or EE preferred
Academic and/or industry experience analyzing the failure mechanisms of mechanical and/or electrical technology and applying problem solving to identify solution plans. Computer skills; MS-Office, MS-Project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in ME or EE preferred. Experience developing DFMEAs. Experience with the design, risk analysis, and testing of electrification components and/or systems. Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt. Experience with the collection and use of test data to produce statistical models to predict reliability. Computer skills: Minitab, Pro-E, PLATO e1ns.
Strong technical skills and the ability/desire to continue to learn. Self-starter that requires minimal supervision, anticipates issues, and takes appropriate action with minimal direction. Strong oral and written communication skills. Project Management / Interpersonal Skills: Ability to effectively assemble and lead diverse teams to achieve common goals and to deliver timely results.