As Operations and Automation Engineer your primary focus will be to ensure that all systems and infrastructure are automated following 'infrastructure as code' principles, as well as ensure the up-time and responsiveness of all user facing and critical applications.
Our client's idea candidate has a proven track record of writing automation tools, a solid understanding of operating system fundamentals, and familiarity with cloud platform services such as AWS. They use a number of technologies, and languages to build software including Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, NGINX+, Kotlin and working knowledge of these or equivalents is a plus. A background and interest in security and identity management is preferred.
In year one you will:
- Help to create a fully automated 24/7 system supporting self maintaining development and production environments, with a focus on security, scalability, and redundancy
- Optimize our continuous integration pipeline to improve the speed with which we can reliably deploy our services
- Work with our development engineers to address critical productivity needs
- 5+ years production environment experience
- Demonstrated tool building capability
- Willingness to help troubleshoot to keep their services up and running, in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Positive attitude, and a self-directed work ethic
- Help evolve their micro-services deployment
- Improve metrics and visualization tools
- Implement stronger controls for authentication and authorization
- Develop automation to take greater advantage of cloud elasticity