DevOps Engineer 4
Title – DevOps Engineer 4
Duration – 06 months.
Location – Bellevue, WA
You will be developing IaaS solutions in a highly available OLTP and business database services in AWS EC2 environment. This will include opportunities to contribute to developing automation to deploy and maintain MSSQL ain a DBaaS environment
Typical Day in the Role
You will work with Senior Database engineers to provide
* Development and optimization tuning for auto creation and rotation of MSSQL database resources and infrastructure.
* Provide analysis for High Impact incidents relating to DBaaS with Corrective Action recommendations.
* Perform POC analysis and documentation for complex business critical database deployment processes.
* Develop processes to eliminate monthly vulnerability patching for Windows and SQL based systems by deploying net new infrastructure.
* Automation development and implementation of MS SQL management processes.
* Develop and implement cloud infrastructure solution as part of our database product offerings.
* Develop database as a service and automation for MS SQL with .NET and Powershell, Python, etc.
* Leverage the latest and greatest AWS Cloud technologies as you build and innovate
* Embrace end-to-end ownership and DevOps practices: design, code, test, deploy and monitor your solutions in providing direct value to the Database Team.
Specific Skills or Other Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field of study
5 years of experience required.
* AWS management and migrations services for MS-SQL systems
* Experience with AWS as well as container technologies, CFN, SSM, etc...
* Core database administration competencies including high-availability, recoverability (backuprestore), installation and configuration, security, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
* Experience with programming languages: Have proficiency with Python or other object-oriented programming languages such as JAVA, etc.
* Scripting on Windows, specifically, PowerShell for Windows environments.
* Supporting relational databases in an enterprise-level production environment.
* Experience should also include DevOPs framework, including participation in Agile/Scrum development process with two-week sprint deployments.
* Must have excellent verbal and communication skills
Top 3 Skills
- AWS management and migrations services for MS-SQL systems
- Core database administration competencies including high-availability, recoverability (backuprestore), installation and configuration, security, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience with programming languages: Have proficiency with Python or other object-oriented programming languages such as JAVA, etc.