DevOps Engineer - AWS/Docker
We are upending the way learning is being delivered. A leader in the education technology, we are a mission-driven company with immersive learning solutions that enable teachers to Engage and Energize students. Our aim is to foster a global community of practice where tools, resources, “how-to” knowledge, experience, and the wisdom to use them intelligently are all available to use and share.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will support existing systems and create new infrastructure in support of our next generation of software applications.
This is leading edge development in a fun and challenging atmosphere. While we are an established – well capitalized, zero debt – and recognized EdTech brand, this effort will feel like a startup with an entrepreneurial energy and spirit.
We are looking to hire a talented DevOps engineer to support and grow application infrastructure for our learning applications. This role will include support for existing systems as well as work on the next generation of learning applications. Our technologies classroom solutions transform learning spaces into engaging and collaborative environments, immersing students in the latest interactive technology.
Key Responsibilities & Impact of Position:
- Design and support Infrastructure as Code automation and deployment processes
- Define, implement, and manage the provisioning, software configuration and release process for all applications and environments
- Serve as the gatekeeper for infrastructure and system deployments; establish controls and processes around these functions.
- Deliver new features in conjunction with the application team by providing new highly available infrastructure
- Improve infrastructure and reliability of systems through monitoring and metric collection
- Make continuous improvements to security and costs of infrastructure
- Maintain Operations Environment and Tools
- Provide production support
We use a wide range of tools and software in its infrastructure. Experience with everything listed below is not required but key skills include IaC, scripting, Linux and Cloud.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of engineering experience focused on delivery of quality product
- Expertise with Infrastructure as Code (Chef, Terraform, Puppet)
- Linux OS experience (CentOS/RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Knowledge of web servers and load balancers (Apache, HAProxy, ELB)
- Experience with Monitoring and Metrics (Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic)
- Familiarity with network file systems (NFS, Gluster, EFS)
- Database operational experience (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB)
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, ECR, EKS)
- Virtualization (Vagrant, VirtualBox)
- Build Support for engineering teams (Bamboo, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild)
- Full understanding and consistent experience with the entire software delivery lifecycle
Key Factors for Success in the Position:
- An understanding of automation platforms
- Passionate and committed with a strong sense of ownership and craftsmanship
- Effective communication skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)
- Ability to embrace and lead change