DevOps Engineer - VSTS/Python
A technology corporation that focuses on the development and implementation of software used on computers and on the World Wide Web, is looking for their next DevOps Engineer! I have left the job description below, please take a look, and if this role sparks interest and is aligned with your skill set, please send your resume to Kelsey.McShane@HarveyNashUSA.com
Position: DevOps Developer
Type: 18 month Contract
Location: Bellevue, WA
The Intentional software team is looking for a DevOps Engineer who will help build and maintain our infrastructure as we scale and grow. We need you to help us with the challenges of automation at scale.
If you have expertise with open source technologies, automation, cloud infrastructures, monitoring, and reliability, We want to talk to you.
Familiarity with building software on several platforms is a requirement for this position: we develop software for Windows, iOS, and Android and we have build targets for each of those platforms.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Design, write and deliver software to improve network automation, availability, reliability, scalability, security, resiliency, and efficiency of distributed build services
- Contribute in debugging/troubleshooting the complete stack of build services, drive analysis of issues and outages, write software and build automation to resolve production problems with durable system fixes.
- Building high-quality metrics and monitoring logic to enable capacity planning, performance analysis, automated incident creation, and scale-out of distributed, multi-service workflows
- Do whatever it takes to create high-quality, actionable signal out of vast amounts of constantly evolving data in real-time]
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related engineering discipline, or equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience as a Service Operations or Service Engineer directly supporting development and test in a product team environment.
- Experience with TFS, VSTS, Azure DevOps, Jenkins or other cloud-based CI/CD automation systems.
- Familiarity creating metrics and monitoring dashboards and using them to continuously deliver improvements to service performance and reliability.
- Experience building and/or developing software for multiple operating systems (two or more of: Linux, MacOS, iOS, Windows, Android, FireOS, Etc.)
- 1-3+ years software development experience and experience in testing, deploying, operating, and/or supporting medium to large scale services.
Nice to have - Several of the following would be desirable for well qualified candidates
- Familiarity with SQL and Data Analysis.
- You understand how to use concepts like abstraction and inversion of control to ship testable, reliable and maintainable code [C#, C++C, Python or Java].
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure like AWS or Azure.
- Understanding of network services like DNS, VPN, TLS, and load balancing.
- Experience with configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Familiarity running or writing Java services.
- Experience scripting build services with YAML.
- Docker experience or Cassandra experience.
- Familiarity with big data technologies like Azure Data Lake, HDInsight, Apache Spark, CosmosDB or their equivalents
- Capable of technical deep dives into service and systems design, data processing and data movement pipelines, networking, storage, monitoring, security, and capacity planning
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong emphasis on quality and engineering excellence
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability to deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity and ability to handle ambiguity
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment