NY, New York
Role: DevOps Engineer (AVP)
Location: NY, NY
Type: Fulltime/ Perm
Industry: Finance/ Investment Banking
- Software Development background
- AWS - done implementations/ integrations
- Scripting Skills: Python (open to Bash, Perl etc.)
- Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansbile, Docker etc.
- Experience with Git, TeamCity OR Sonar
Overall purpose of role
This critical hire request is recruit a replacement for a Application Developer (DevOps) for a Financial App Project. Will work on following:
- Systems and solution design within the existing architecture, as well as the design/implementation of new solutions to meet market needs
- Automating and streamlining operations and processes while working closely with the Software Development groups and senior management
- Building and extending evolving continuous delivery technology platforms with the goal of moving changes to production faster and safer
This project is a critical strategic sub ledger application for IB Finance supporting accounting and substantiation needs for all Product Control and Financial Control users in IB.
- Design and integration of DevOps tools and technologies for deployment, monitoring and operations of micro-services architecture based software products
- Identification of ongoing hardware and software maintenance needs, including physical and virtual systems
- Developing in cloud provider environments such as AWS
- Advanced development, design, and integration of Microservices-based applications
- Contribute to system architecture design
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The role does not require stakeholder management and leadership quality. The role needs to interact with development community to gathering requirement and RTB team about production support and queries.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The candidate must have excellent problem solving abilities for resolving complex issues. Business requirements must be satisfied using minimal changes to legacy systems and leveraging strategic systems like Finance store as much as possible.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related
- 6+ years in a DevOps and / or release / build Manager related Engineering role.
- Working with vast technologies included but not limited to Cucumber, Eureka, IBM uDeploy, Git/Perforce, Jenkins/Teamcity, Zookeeper, Maven, Docker (POC), Nexus, Nolio-CA Lisa Automated deployment, Splunk, JIRA, FishEye, Sonar, Checkstyle, PMD, JaCoco.
- 6+ years experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery & Dependency Management (Teamcity, Maven, Git)
- 5 + years experience with DevOps tooling (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, etc).
- 6+ years experience in bash scripting, perl, ruby and /or python.
- 3-4 years experience with hands on development with Java technologies
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Finance / Middle Office processes in an investment banking environment.
- Experience with using Agile software development methods in a DevOps environment