NJ, Moonachie, NJ
Title: The DevOps Manager
Type: Full Time Permanent or Contract to Hire
Location: Moonachie, NJ
Must Have: Management experience and Introduced Devops across Org chart.
Remote Work: The client offers 3 days remote work and 2 days onsite.
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
The position plays a focal role between the software engineering and infrastructure teams, managing mission critical services to both of them and business. As part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with many technical and business resources across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated technologist who is interested in practicing his or her skills and learning new ones.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Continually inventory and document all applications and their supporting dependencies
- Establish instrumentation and monitoring procedures to ensure the health and integrity of applications and their dependencies
- Establish processes and procedures for setting up alert rules to notify groups about issues identified in different environments
- Establish processes and procedures to facilitate continuous integration and automated release management using TFS
- Establish processes and procedures for standardizing Release Notes, SSO with Federation, Branching strategies
- Manage application layers via automation to increase efficiency and utilization
- Research and continually improve capabilities to increase application availability and speed
- Complete other
tasks as required
Experience, Education and Skills
- 8+ years in a system administration or configuration role
- 5+ years of either development or system automation/scripting experience
- 3+ years of hands-on management of technical team members
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience
- System administration in a heterogeneous environment: Windows, Unix, Linux, OS X
- Programming or scripting in several languages: shell, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Go etc.
- Use of automation, integration and orchestration tools: TFS, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, ESB, Splunk etc.
- Virtualization and cloud technologies: Docker, Azure etc.
- SSO concepts and technologies: NTLM, Kerberos, SAML etc.
- SDLC and agile methodologies: TFS, Git, SCRUM etc.
- Networking concepts: TCP, HTTP, DNS etc.
- Chef/puppet -
provisioning -- Docker/Nomad - containers Deplyuing packages in the cloud
- Manage, lead and mentor a team of highly technical resources
- Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
- Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
- Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
- Comply with all
laws, regulations and company policies
Travel when required