Director Data Architecture
NY, New York
Title: Director Data Solutions Architect
Location: Midtown, NYC
Type: Fulltime/ Perm
Industry: Sports Media
- Surface understanding of Data Science
- Some hands-on scripting
- Leader but not people manager to start
- Big Data - Python, SQL, DW Concepts
- Great communicator
DIRECTOR DATA ARCHITECT - HEALTH & SAFETY
The Director - Data Architect will leverage cloud databases and machine learning technologies to design and architect solutions for Health and Safety. S/He will be involved in working with vendors to innovate and build a new platform using computer vision, player tracking and sensor (IOT) data to gain insights and prevent injuries. S/He will also be responsible to collect, manage, store and analyze all data related to Player health.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Partner with Engineering and Vendor to implement processes and systems that enable us to deliver feature-rich, scalable, and high-performance solution for Health and Safety of Game and Player
- Provide leadership and governance on Database Solutions and Architecture - Cloud and on prem
- Participate and build Computer Vision models using Machine Learning technologies to help improve data capture for analysis.
- Build and manage solutions for Data capture (ETL), Data Governance
- Manage and deliver data pipeline used for data analytics.
- 10+ years of database / building database solutions using relative technologies like Cloud Databases, Datawarehouse
- Deep knowledge of Football and health systems (sports science)
- Strong knowledge of Python, SQL Server, Database Concepts, Data Warehousing, Dimensional Modelling.
- Worked with structured and un-structured data.
- Big Data stack and Data Science knowledge is a plus. (AWS / Azure)
- Strong Analytic and statistics background.
- Concepts of Machine Learning, computer vision, Image recognition, Predictive modelling is a plus.
- Knowledge of packages like panda / numpy / tensorflow / SciPy is plus
- Data Visualization tools like Qlik / PowerBI is a plus.
- C#, .net knowledge is a plus
- BS Computer Science.
- Graduate or MBA degree would be preferred.
- Strong Team Player
- Self-motivated and able to run projects with minimum guidance.
- Works well with others business stakeholder, strong interpersonal and presentation skills, able to multi-task / time management
- Will manage external consultants or vendors for the job.
- Manage / Work with Engineering team and data scientist.
15 -25 Percent