Director of IT & Resource Management
The cabinet seeking a special services contract for vacant Director position in the IT & Resource Management Division. This position will be full-time and will report to the Deputy Commissioner/Deputy Secretary.
The Director manages the IT & Resource Management Division and provides technical management direction to all organizational units within the Cabinet. Responsibilities of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Directs and manages the overall plan, policies, and procedures for the functions of the activities for the Division, including hardware and software maintenance, training, and consultation.
- Supervises Division staff and provides general direction for major responsibilities, such as managing hardware, software, general technology, fleet services, future development, and implementation of resources, as related to Cabinet systems.
- Serves as the Liaison with client office Technology on system and infrastructure projects, needs, and issues on behalf of the Cabinet.
- Provide direction, oversight, and support to staff in supporting information technology and communication systems functionality.
- Providing primary support for management of specified Cabinet physical resources, Cabinet Managed Print Services (MPS) and Graphics Plotter usability and maintenance.
- Provides direction and oversight to staff serving as Cabinet ProCard User, coordinates desktop phone equipment/services along with wireless phones and service for Cabinet employees.
- Responsible for Cabinet vehicle fleet scheduling, usability, upkeep, and reporting.
- Represents the Cabinet on committees, councils or other meetings as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, and an ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
- Good problem solving, technical, and analytical abilities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; a high level of integrity and professional accountability.
- Alignment with the mission of the Client Cabinet for Economic Development.
- Familiarity/experience with the following software: Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce, Adobe Acrobat Pro, SQL Server, MS .Net Platform, ESRI ArcGIS, Tableau, Zoom.
- Extensive knowledge of Commonwealth Office of Technology (COT) policies and procedures.
- Education: A bachelor's degree and relevant managerial experience
- Experience, Training, Or Skills: Preferred: 7-10+ years of experience. At least six (6) months hands on experience as Salesforce Administrator. Experience with design development and implementation of Microsoft platforms.
- Special Requirements (Age, Licensure, Regulation, Etc.): NONE
- The work is performed in an office setting.